Orion have an exciting opportunity for a Process Engineer to join our Client's Engineering / Production Department on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the successful post holder will be working closely with production and engineering to maximise plant availability and performance across the entire site, including development and delivering of improvements in maintenance, plant efficiency and health & safety.
- Minimum of a 2:2 Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or Manufacturing Discipline - Mechanical or Electrical
- Relevant engineering experience gained in a manufacturing environment - candidates will have experience however recent graduates with some experience are also encouraged to apply
- Results-oriented individual who sets challenging goals and achieves results
- Ability to prioritise tasks and overcoming obstacles.
- Ability to analyse situations and make effective decisions
- Ability to evaluate, generate and implement problem-solving solutions
- Initiating and developing relationships within and outside the business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present ideas and information clearly at all levels
- Ability to adapt style and listen to and value different opinions
- Continuous Improvement: measuring for the effectiveness of processes and striving to meet more difficult objectives
- Generating new ideas and managing change effectively
- Promoting health and safety awareness amongst employees and contractors
- Ensuring compliance with company polices and guidelines and that appropriate risk assessments and working systems are in place
- Planning and internal coordination of operations
- Establishing and implementing safety procedures, identifying and reviewing safety issues, and reviewing safety and accident reports and assist in corrective actions
- Ensuring safety and environmental compliance of plant and personnel
- Contributing to the ongoing development of a Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) System for the site and ensure all (PPM) is completed safely, cost effectively, on time and to a satisfactory standard
- Working along with the Maintenance Manager to provide a service that ensures all mechanical and electrical equipment is running to its optimum performance; react in a timely manner to breakdowns
- Maximising availability of all mechanical and electrical equipment through continuous improvement and improve equipment efficiencies
- Identifying, assessing and executing continuous improvement projects to include plant availability, outputs and cost control.
- Working alongside all teams on site including management, production and engineering staff to implement plans and recommendations.
- Developing and recommending equipment specifications, performance requirements, cost analysis, and proposal for integrating machinery, equipment, and tooling into the manufacturing process.
- Assisting Operations in the creation and development of Standard Work Procedures
- Being an integral part of the team continually driving for targets in terms of plant output
- Analysing areas for cost reduction and improvement for energy efficiency.
- Providing leadership and support to all functions
- Producing reports and developing KPI's to measure and manage performance of the site.
- Development of site capability through upskilling, tooling and link to local specialist services.
- Continuously improving performance through new initiatives and raising of work place organisation and internal standards.
- Providing engineering support through a collaborative approach to production departments.
- Contributing to ensuring effective control, management and accurate record keeping for internal/external audits, inventory and spare parts and H&S documentation
The duties above not exhaustive and the role will include any other such duties and responsibilities as required to assist with the effective and efficient running of the plant.
Hours of work: Monday - Friday 8am-5pm (40hrs per week) - Flexibility required
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.