Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Night Drilling Supervisor, based in Aberdeen.
* Support the company's Drilling Supervisor in carrying out his roles and responsibilities.
* Champion HSE Leadership and actively promote the company's Life Saving Rules
* Interpret detailed operational programmes and prepare and issue written instructions for Drilling Superintendent's approval after consultation with rig management and service specialists.
* Monitor and report operations performance against expectations.
* Report and investigate non-productive and lost time.
* Collation of daily well operations and other special reports for approval by the Drilling Supervisor.
* Check all service company well operations calculations and update engineering calculations as required, e.g. cement and spacer calculations, circulating volumes, hydraulics, torque and drag calculations, survey analyses, safe weight on bit (WOB), overpull margins, leak-off and integrity tests etc. All calculations to be carefully signed off and filed.
* Measure and witness events as instructed by the Drilling Supervisor.
* Monitor and report accurate field cost estimates when applicable.
* Checking all casing and tubing tallies.
* Provide sections of the end of well report to the Drilling Engineer.
* Input to lessons learned documentation.
* Contribute to the company's Management efforts to optimise the rig's performance.
* Excellence in Health, Safety and Environmental performance.
* Ensuring the Drilling Supervisor is informed of problems arising when the Drilling Supervisor is not present.
* Completing the Daily Drilling and End of Well Report sections as directed by the Drilling Supervisor.
* Encourage good, open communications at the well-site, promoting a culture of involvement and participation.
* Promote teamwork and communications at rig site and between rig and onshore personnel.
* Support the Drilling Supervisor by supplementing their skills where necessary.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Individual contributor. Enthusiastic self-development as a Night Drilling Supervisor.
* Bachelor's degree in Drilling Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering or similar (preferred) or vocational training with extensive experience in well engineering and site supervision, with proven track record.
* Relevant experience (minimum) in well engineering and site supervision. Must be a competent practitioner in accordance with CASMAX® competency profile.
* IWCF Well Control Certification.
* Offshore survival.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/070323.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.