Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Mechanical Support Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Provide technical/engineering advice and support in relation to mechanical activities, both static and rotating, with a focus on Dunbar Multi Phase Pumps (MPPs).
* MPP focus element includes working with the asset Lead Mechanical Engineer to monitor and optimise the day-to-day performance of the MPPs, ensuring that any maintenance interventions are properly planned and executed, and being the point of contact for the existing MPP upgrade project.
* Prepare/review scopes of work for modifications, ensuring they are correctly engineered, documented and reported, and that all modifications are implemented in accordance with statutory/Company standards and correctly closed-out, including Precommissioning and Commissioning.
* Engage with and manage vendors as required to execute scopes of work, ensuring that all planned interventions are successfully completed and are consistent with best Health and Safety practice. This will include post trip work review/wash up and close out.
* As required, provide support to the Smart Room and offshore teams for resolution of emerging issues as well as RCA investigation.
* Liaise with and support GMOC vendor with execution of routine and larger, non-routine, maintenance interventions and corrective scopes
Experience & Qualifications:
* Previous experience in maintenance and/or process operations within Oil & Gas Industry
* Good level of interpersonal skills, ability to deal with a very busy environment that is continuously changing, and a large number of activities within short time scales
* Proven capability of understanding process plant and equipment problems
* Ability to plan and prioritise multiple tasks in line with Asset objectives and constraints
* Good knowledge of offshore plant and equipment and maintenance systems
* Recognised level of Company expertise in maintenance operations
6 Month Contract position
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/067920.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.