Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Mechanical Static Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* To support technical scoping, resource estimation, material identification and procurement, planning of the 2024 turn around (TAR) work scopes on the Shearwater asset.
* Act as the discipline focal point with the asset TAR team for the mechanical static work scopes, these involve changing of valves, temporary and engineered piping repairs, PSV recertification, project tie ins, Vessel inspection scopes, riser valve installation, weld repairs to vessels and piping, heat exchanger inspection, holt bolting, pressure testing (pneumatic and hydrostatic), system reinstatement.
* Work within the asset TAR organization and be accountable for the mechanical static work, supporting the planning and execution process.
* Involves taking the currently identified activities and utilizing previous experience to support the end-to-end process of scheduling, resource estimation, identification of required preparatory work, identification of materials (bolts, gaskets etc). This will be fed into the scheduling and planners to build the overall plan.
* Most of the work technical aspects will be specified in alignment with current company's operational work instructions, DEPs or custom developed guidance.
* Will support the reinstatement planning including pressure testing plans/procedures During the TAR will be required to support dynamic execution adjustments or risk reviewing regretted/growth work in conjunction with the technical authority.
* While a high level of autonomy is required in the TAR scope planning and scheduling, the scope setting, risk and technical aspects will be supported by the company's Technical Authorities that currently support the asset.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Expected Experience Degree Qualified with Significant experience in applying the discipline to Oil and Gas operations or projects.
* Should have worked at a senior level or with a high degree of autonomy in an operator environment. Fully familiar with UK approved codes of practices and industry standards - familiarity with the company's DEP is preferred.
* Should be familiar with how work is planned and executed in an offshore environment with good estimation evidence with norms.
* Needs to be fully familiar with typical vendors used in static equipment and how to manage equipment delivery/expediting.
* Experienced in the interpretation of inspection results and limitations of each technique.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/069656.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.