- Posted 27 April 2022
- SalaryUp to US$23 per hour
- DisciplineLife Science
- Contact NameRachael Jalbuena
Manufacturing Lead (2nd Shift 2:00pm - 10:30pm)
12-month initial contract
Hourly Rate: $23/hr
Orion Group is seeking an efficient and reliable Manufacturing Lead to work onsite for our premiere Medical Device Manufacturing client in Carlsbad, CA.
This role is responsible for ensuring daily safety, quality, output, and productivity goals for specified departments of responsibility, are met. The Manufacturing Lead will spend 50% of their time in direct labor/value-added production/assembly using a variety of specialized equipment, fixtures, work instructions and test equipment to perform a series of operations to correctly produce/assemble/test medical devices. They will spend their remaining time supporting production / test / assembly personnel in the efforts to achieve daily targets through resource allocation management, problem solving, procedure adherence assurance, training, and performance feedback.
* Work with Value Stream Supervisors / Managers and other Manufacturing Leads to manage and prioritize staffing assignments to ensure customer demand and the production schedules are met.
* Coordinate employee training to ensure that procedures are followed and meet all quality requirements.
* Support the execution of cross-training plans.
* Use basic problem-solving skills to independently solve common issues/challenges.
* Ability to independently troubleshoot common, simpler equipment issues via maintenance training.
* Report problems or concerns with quality, processes, equipment, materials and labor to Value Stream Supervisors.
* Work closely with support staff such as Technicians, Manufacturing/Quality Engineering, R&D, Value Stream Supervisors, and Materials/Warehouse personnel to resolve complex issues.
* Ensure adherence to documented Work Instructions and Standard Work.
* Facilitate regular team communication such as Daily Management meetings and provide necessary updates to the team.
* Provide shift changeover notes to the next shift.
* Identify and support continuous improvement efforts with Value Stream Supervisors.
* Participate as an active member of the production team and assist in product processing where needed, by becoming cross-trained in the most critical areas.
* Follow documented policies and procedures as designated by the company's Quality System.
* Complete required documentation relating to regulatory requirements.
* High school diploma and 5 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, and maintenance instructions.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
* Ability to communicate effectively through oral and written communications.
* Ability to analyze and solve problems.
* Ability to work with others collaboratively.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Experience leading teams or projects strongly desired.
* Medical device manufacturing experience.
* Lean manufacturing and continuous process improvement experience.
* Must not have any chemical allergies: Work areas may contain adhesives, solvents, and chemical processes.
* Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arm's length, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
* Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Specific vision requirements include close vision and color vision.
* Must be willing and able to conform to cleanroom practices with regard to apparel and personal hygiene.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.