- Posted 02 June 2022
- DisciplineBuilt Environment
- Contact NameMonika Gajda
We currently have a vacancy for a Maintenance Manager to work with a well-established business in the area to help maintain the facilities and improve the business.
Responsible for leading the maintenance team, the successful candidate will be developing systems, overseeing the continuous improvement of the manufacturing process and executing long-term strategic plans.
The post holder will be optimising equipment availability through planned/ preventative/ predictive maintenance and through responsive reactive maintenance in the event of unplanned shutdowns or issues.
- Accountable for the maintenance, repair, and all other maintenance activities for all equipment and facilities on site
- Ensuring effectiveness of maintenance activities in accordance with production and quality standards as well as in compliance with internal policies and legal requirements (environment, health and safety)
- Working closely with production management to plan maintenance to minimise downtime and resolve technical problems
- Providing professional advice and support to internal departments concerning technical and engineering issues
- Responsible for staff recruitment, training and development within the area of responsibility
- Coordinating work performed by outside vendors
- Responsible for calibration and safety inspections
- Continually driving the efficiency within the department. Control of the departmental budget
- Ensuring department is audit ready and meeting client internal policies
- Supporting the 5yr site plan and internal departments with technical and engineering issues
- Using trend analysis and structured problem solving to optimise production processes
- Implementing asset replacement strategy
- Ensuring that all work permits and risk assessments are in place prior to conducting work
- Rota Management - managing and maintaining a balanced team to cover the workload and ensure there is adequate cover for 24/7 operations
- Responsible for all aspects of the day to day people management within the Maintenance Team including coaching, mentoring, change management, recruitment, performance management, absence and discipline.
- Strong knowledge of engineering concepts, including electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems.
- Ability to interpret specifications and schematics.
- Ability to manage a multi-skilled team.
- Effective interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively.
- Excellent planning, organisational and prioritisation skills
- Attention to detail with close out skills to implement sustainable solutions.
- Developing and nurturing networking within the organisation.
- Influencing others as a self-starter and displaying a positive, can-do attitude.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field
- Strong background in previous maintenance management roles
- Good technical understanding of mechanical and electrical processes
- Demonstrated improvements in Maintenance KPI's driven by continuous improvement change management processes implemented by the applicant
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.