OrionGroup currently have a full-time staff opportunity for a Lead Technical Safety Engineer to join our client, a leading industrial services supplier to companies in the oil and gas, energy, nuclear power, chemical, pharmaceutical and steelworks sectors based in Aberdeen.
- Organise, plan and coordinate the Technical Safety engineering activities of studies and modification projects (RFM), in conjunction with the other technical leads, project management and construction.
- Establish relationships with Consultants for provision of engineering services, and management of specialist Technical HSE engineering software requirements.
- Study Lead for single discipline and Technical Safety led multidiscipline studies; originator of Statement of Requirements, Basis of Design and other principal technical documents.
- Preparation of discipline engineering manhour estimates, and review and approval of estimates developed by Engineering Consultants
- Assign originators for deliverables from the technical safety team
- Quality assurance of all discipline engineering deliverables, including review and approval of Engineering Consultants and other 3rd party specialists.
- Mentoring and other professional development activities in support of discipline engineering staff
- Responsible for the timely preparation, check, approval and delivery of all required technical safety engineering deliverables.
- Any other duties as required by Head of Projects and Engineering and Senior Management
- Previous experience in a similar position
- Workshop facilitation experience preferred, e.g. HAZID, Risk Assessment, Design Review etc.
- Experience of organising, attending and management of hazards and actions from HAZID, HAZOP and SIL workshops
- Development of Technical Safety drawings such as Hazardous Area Classification, Escape Route, Safety Equipment etc.
- Verification body interaction and management of Safety and Environmental Critical Equipment experience
- Strong proficiency in application of Technical HSE techniques and processes to multi-discipline engineering design.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Brownfield Engineering for Plant Modifications
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.