Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Lead Document Controller, based in Aberdeen.
This is an initial 6 month contract but with a good chance of extending to 12/18 months. Hybrid working model.
Candidates should ideally have either Operator or Tier 1 Service Co Document Control experience at Senior/Lead level. Experience of ASSAI is beneficial but not essential.
* Lead, implement, develop and define procedures and specifications to cover all aspects of the Document Control scope for the UK Operated Assets Minor modifications and small Brownfield projects
* Supervise the Document Control operation throughout the lifecycle of the Asset modification.
* Develop and implement a set of key procedures and specifications governing the document control process, including document control procedure, document numbering specification, drawing update procedure.
* Prepare specifications for documents (requirement, control, delivery) for (a) Internal and external design and vendor documents, and (b) correspondence.
* Comply with the Company Records Management for Controlled and not Controlled documents.
* Work with the as-build coordinator to ensure successful close out of scopes, particularly around the control of master drawing updates.
* Manage all paper and electronic document flow, and from / to contractors or vendors. Create and maintain document distribution matrix.
* Establish and coordinate the use of document "team working areas" for uncontrolled documents and informal sharing.
* Establish and maintain the Doc Control System, Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) and Master Drawing System.
* Drive improvements within the Document Control scope through leadership, standards, and behaviours.
* Implement solutions that educate and encourage internal and external stakeholders to become more collaborative and contribute to the scope value.
* Prepare and issue document reports (Monthly Contractor Master Document Register status / progress / forecast, Weekly Company Document review statistics).
* Work alongside the Data Control Team to drive improvements in how we manage data in the Asset.
* Supervise a team of project document controllers and / or manage document control services rendered by a third-party provider, often split over a number of locations around the World.
* Coordinating document control activities across a number of small scopes across a number of Offshore and Onshore facilities.
* Working in a highly virtualized environment in a geographically diverse and multicultural team.
* Ensuring that various disciplines follow the document control and information management specifications and the standards.
* Ability to work in a fast moving, rapidly changing and dynamic environment of a major Capital Project.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Must have previous experience as a Document Controller, preferably in the Operate phase dealing with minor modifications.
* Experienced in the use of ASSAICLOUD is desirable although not essential
* Document control processes and systems, particularly managing minor modification and project close out.
* Cross-discipline engineering documents (requirements and use) and discipline approval processes within project teams.
* Experience managing small teams of junior staff personnel.
* A high degree of skill in written and oral communications.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/064450.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.