- Posted 05 December 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameHaridas Mohandas
1. Assimilates the Project scope and the technical requirements including the applicable regulations, the Project specific Design Basis and philosophies, the applicable Specifications and International codes and standards.
2. Responsible for the review of the sizing criteria a HVAC system capacity and for all Project deliverables pertaining to the HVAC design and engineering of the NFPS Compression Projects (Onshore & Offshore building).
3. Liaise as required with company's stakeholders and committees, Production & Procurement department.
4. Monitors material acquisition including requisitioning, fabrication, testing and transportation of the HVAC equipment; makes sure proposed materials are not obsolete and not have the potential to be discontinued.
5. Reviews and approves specified Contractor Purchase Order/Subcontract Packages for HVAC system; comments on Vendors deliverables, interpret facilities engineering drawings, designs and make necessary recommendations.
6. Administers any Management of change process pertaining to the HVAC system. Makes sure the Contractor assesses various alternative designs for the HVAC System and selects the most fit for purpose technology.
7. Accountable to timely progress all HVAC related design and deliverables pertaining to all the Compression Projects (Onshore & Offshore building).
8. Drives to obtain all necessary inputs required for the sizing of the HVAC system in compliance with the Project requirements; oversee Contractor in the design reviews and drive alignment with QG SMEs for all deliverables pertaining to HVAC for Compression Projects (Onshore & Offshore building).
9. Ensures 3D model is updated as per Company approved vendor drawings meeting the relevant perquisites of 3D model review stages (initial - previously known as 30%, intermediate - previously known as 60% & final - previously known as 90%) and Participates to Project and 3D Model reviews related to HVAC and Buildings architecture.
10. Ensures the equipment weight inputs are provided to the support design and weight control reports; participates in inspections at fabrication yards and witnesses acceptances tests
* Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Thermodynamic Engineering. (Advanced degree is desirable.)
* 15 years of relevant experience as HVAC system design and engineer in oil and gas industry with at least 10 years demonstrated senior engineering experience in major capital projects
* Experience in HVAC design and engineering for technical buildings both onshore and offshore facilities including offshore compression and LQ experiences
* Significant experience in working with FEED/EPCI Contractors and interfacing with equipment suppliers.
* Demonstrated ability and sensitivity to work with people from a variety of cultural backgrounds.
* A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English
* Proficiency in MS Office and other relevant applications such as HVAC and Architectural design tools.
* Excellent communication / written skills and ability to work with different disciplines.
* High awareness of safe working practices associated with design, construction, installation, pre-commissioning and commissioning of offshore and onshore facilities.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.