Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Lead Mechanical Engineer (Static), based in Aberdeen.
- Participate in the FGRS Project Weekly Management Meetings both internally and externally with EPCC contractor.
- Preparation of mechanical specifications and datasheets and scopes of work as needed for the FGRS project.
- Raising derogations as required.
- Project representative for all mechanical matters through project sanction gates and project reviews.
- Answering technical queries from FEED and EPCC contractor(s).
- Technical assurance by review, comment, and approval of all FEED and EPCC contractor(s) deliverables ensuring alignment with Company General Specifications and Company Rules.
- Coordinating of multidisciplinary technical assurance provision via external consultant or internal company resources
- Ensure that everyone working within the FGRS Team (staff and contractors) understand and comply with Company health, safety, and environment policies.
- Encourage, by example, all team members and FEED and EPCC contractor (s) to accept personal responsibility and accountability for actions.
- Ensure safe working practices are carried out within the construction activities, to minimise LTIs, incidents, dangerous occurrences, and other safety items.
- Report to FGRS project leader and inform of any potential risks and issues in a pro-active manner.
- Build strong relationships with other FGRS project team members, External Consultants, FEED and EPCC contractor (s) personnel, CNS Field Operations teams to ensure strong lines of communication are always maintained.
- Develop effective and constructive relationships with FEED and EPCC Contractor representative(s) in a manner that enables a high level of value to be obtained for the company.
- Positively represent the Company at EPCC Contractor sites, Fabricator, during construction site construction, as and when required.
- Act as Company Representative towards FEED and EPCC Contractor (s) (including fabrication).
- Monitor FEED and EPCC Contractor(s) achievements in accordance with contractual requirements, especially in the area of safety and technical expertise to ensure all Company standards are met.
- Accept delegation of authority from the FGRS project leader for the management of the FGRS contract.
- Support FGRS Project leader in challenging and negotiating Change Order Requests from FEED and EPCC contractor(s).
- Responsible for the technical assurance of engineering of all mechanical equipment/facilities included in the FGRS project.
- Ensure that all relevant documentation created by the FEED and EPCC Contractor (s) or their suppliers is reviewed and commented on by the relevant specialists within the appropriate time frame.
* Demonstrate personal commitment to the HSE Policy.
* Maintain awareness of and ensure compliance with all relevant Statutory and Company HSE standards.
* Actively participate in Company safety awareness and initiative schemes.
* Proactively conduct the activities of the job.
* Be responsible for meeting agreed objectives.
* Adapt to changes in work practices and job activities.
* Seek out learning opportunities and transfer new skills and knowledge to the job.
* Always adhere to the values and principles of the Company Code of Conduct.
* Willingly and openly share good practice.
* Openly question established practices and achieve continuous quality and commercial improvements.
* Actively identify best practice (industry, technical, professional, etc.) and encourage an environment in which this is willingly and openly shared.
* Create an environment in which a focus on value awareness is developed and constantly think in terms of cost/benefit trade-off.
* Identify and adopt creative and alternative approaches to problem-solving and encourage others to do the same.
* Evaluate risks at the appropriate level and take considered and measured risks only.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Degree in Mechanical Engineering discipline (chartered engineer or equivalent).
* Extensive design house experience especially in brownfield context
* Excellent knowledge of the concerned engineering disciplines: Piping, Valves, Vessel, Corrosion/metallurgy, Structural, Brownfield Engineering and Construction
* Experience in working with and development of client specifications
* Extensive knowledge of onshore / offshore process and production systems, and industry norms and specifications.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/066891.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.