- Posted 01 December 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplineBuilt Environment
- Contact NameMonika Gajda
Our Client, a leading specialists in all aspects of private water supplies including borehole drilling, springs, water treatment and consultancy, currently have a vacancy for an experienced Lead Driller.
The role will be based out at our Client's facility in Stirling, with the installation works undertaken throughout Scotland and the North of England and also, on occasions, other locations.
- Reporting to the Operations Director/Manager, the Lead Driller will manage, undertake and control the use of pneumatic rotary drilling equipment.
- The role will involve working throughout the UK across a variety of sites and sectors including residential, estate, commercial, industrial and construction environments.
- The successful candidate would be expected to work independently, demonstrating effective leadership and take a key role in the development of assistant drillers/second-men.
- Health & Safety stewardship, ensuring compliance with all company and statutory Health and Safety
- Regulations at all times with Borehole drilling relevant to works
- Further develop assistant Driller/second-man relevant to works
- Undertaking drilling works as directed by the Operations Director/Manager
- Conduct water yield testing at Client's Installations
- Ensuring site visit reports, logs and records are completed and submitted.
- Technical skills - experience in pneumatic rotary drilling (required)
- Relevant and demonstrable experience in rotary drilling
- An understanding of pumps
- NVQ level 2 (desirable)
- Construction site access schemes such as CSCS card (desirable)
- Planning & organising skills
- Ability to prioritise and think logically and methodically
- Team working and interpersonal skills
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good communication skills - verbal and written
- Attention to detail
- Full UK Driving licence (essential) - company commercial vehicle will be provided for the successful candidate
- Trailer Licence - desirable (training can be provided)
- Ability to stay away from home during the working week
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.