- Posted 05 October 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameAlan Patterson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of IT Infrastructure Technical Designer, based in Aberdeen.
* The role is responsible for documenting the entire company's infrastructure landscape.
* The role is responsible for supporting projects throughout the project life cycle
* Support the IT Teams with technical requirements gathering.
* Support IT Teams in scoping a technical solution and advising on whether a partner's cost estimates and timings are reasonable.
* Support the implementation teams by providing clarifications on design details to enable successful implementation of the design.
* The role is responsible for developing and documenting detailed solution designs:
* Design solutions that fit into the existing infrastructure and meet business functional and non-functional requirements.
* Document solution designs that can be implemented by company's Service partners and store them in a central repository.
* Ensure solutions are designed for optimum scalability, manageability, performance, security, and supportability.
* The Role is responsible for ensuring that designs are secure-by-design and meet the company's Architectural standards.
* The role is responsible for working with the Enterprise Architect to define and implement technical standards for both internal and external solutions.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Extensive experience with windows infrastructure
* Knowledge of network and firewalling principles
* Experience with Azure.
* Excellent diagram drawing skills PowerPoint or Visio)
* Fluent in English (oral and written) and one other of company's main languages would be beneficial.
* Clear written communication skills.
* Customer focused and able to develop strong relationships.
* Ability to maintain focus with great attention to detail.
* Willingness to be trained in Azure cloud architecture
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/062673.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.