- Posted 10 July 2022
- Salary neg
- Contact NameAlan Patterson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of IS Business Analyst - SAP Coordination Team, based in Aberdeen.
* Provide IS business analysis, solution design/architecture & consultancy services to customers.
* Provide assistance to IS Business Leads for preparation and management of IS Budget and 5 Year Plan
* Provide a quality, cost effective support service to business-specific application users and encourage consistency across the assets to reduce costs/effort where possible.
* Acts as single point of contact for business applications ensuring that the roadmap for system evolution and the necessary support and maintenance agreements are in place.
* Actively manage the company's application portfolio ensuring the correct licensing is in place.
* Review change/enhancements requests to ensure there is a business justification and that they are cost effective and technically sound.
* Identify and promote ways in which processes, procedures and IS can be changed or adapted to achieve improvements in the cost effectiveness and quality of its operation.
* Take responsibility for significant IS/Business related projects throughout the year, handling the functional analysis as well as the technical implementation (coordinating resources from other IS Teams), ensuring implementation on time and on budget and realising the benefits envisaged.
* Analyse and define detailed business/ IS requirements to ensure that third party suppliers deliver exactly what is required and that solutions are implemented that will improve efficiency and/or reduce costs.
* Plan for and lead student/contractor/3rd Party resources.
* Supervise on day-to-day basis third party support contracts, ensuring that problems are addressed within agreed SLAs and that the required standards for quality are met.
* Translate between user/business requirements and technical suppliers/colleagues.
* Liaise closely with the business to maximise the Company's investment in IS.
* Add value to the business by implementing/developing solutions and/or enhancements that will improve efficiency and/or reduce costs.
* Make recommendations on IS expenditure for enhancements and projects.
* Satisfy requirements of team SLA's & KPI's.
* Ensure that system integrity is maintained by following and ensuring compliance with agreed standards and procedures.
* Actively identify best practices (industry, technical, professional, etc.) and encourage an environment in which this is willing and openly shared.
* Managing major projects
* Managing minor projects and enhancements
* Supporting, developing and configuring applications
o (Including in-house developed, 3rd party bespoke, off-the-shelf)
* Supporting users (all sites, including offshore)
* Managing a support/enhancement/development contract with third party
* Managing delivery of HQ provided services.
* Responsibility for satisfactory resolution of support tickets per annum
* External service provision
Experience & Qualifications:
* Relevant professional experience
* High level of company/business knowledge and ability to understand and analyse a wide range of complex business processes.
* Full technical competencies in application discipline
* Knowledge of IS processes
* Knowledge of other parts of IS and how they impact upon delivery of application service to the customer.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/055214.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.