- Posted 31 May 2022
- Contact NameAlan Patterson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of IS Business Analyst, based in Aberdeen.
* Provide IS business analysis, solution design/architecture & consultancy services to customers.
* Provide a quality, cost effective support service to business-specific application users and encourage consistency across the assets to reduce costs/effort where possible.
* Review change/enhancements requests to ensure there is a business justification and that they are cost effective and technically sound; approve requests when this is the case.
* Analyse and define detailed business/ IS requirements to ensure that third party suppliers deliver exactly what is required and that solutions are implemented that will improve efficiency and/or reduce costs.
* Take responsibility for significant IS/Business related projects throughout the year, handling the functional analysis as well as the technical implementation (coordinating resources from other IS Teams), ensuring implementation on time and on budget and realising the benefits envisaged.
* Translate between user/business requirements and technical suppliers/colleagues.
* Liaise closely with the business to maximise the Company's investment in IS.
* Make recommendations on IS expenditure for enhancements and projects.
* Provide service to customers in a manner that will meet set targets of cost, time, quality & performance.
* Satisfy requirements of team SLA's & KPI's.
* Ensure that system integrity is maintained by following and ensuring compliance with agreed standards and procedures.
* Acts as single point of contact for business applications ensuring that the roadmap for system evolution and the necessary support and maintenance agreements are in place.
* Add value to the business by implementing/developing solutions and/or enhancements that will improve efficiency and/or reduce costs.
* Identify and promote ways in which processes, procedures and IS can be changed or adapted to achieve improvements in the cost effectiveness and quality of its operation.
* Actively identify best practices (industry, technical, professional, etc.) and encourage an environment in which this is willing and openly shared.
* Identify and adopt creative and alternative approaches to problem-solving and encourage others to do the same
Experience & Qualifications:
* Relevant professional experience
* High level of company/business knowledge and ability to understand and analyse a wide range of business processes in the subsurface domains. This knowledge will also allow efficient decisions to be taken.
* Experience in Linux operating system and programming advantageous
* Experience in database systems.
* Knowledge of IS processes
* Knowledge of other parts of IS and how they impact upon delivery of application service to the customer.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/055047.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.