Our client has a opportunity for an HSE Manager to join their team on a permanent basis, based in Muir of Ord.
As HSE Manager, you will develop and maintain statutory compliance and industrial good practice in the operation of Health, Safety & Environmental policies, procedures, proceses and training.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain awareness of current developments in UK and EU safety and environmental statutory requirements and good industrial practice to be able to develop, gain agreement for and implement compliant HS&E strategy, policies, procedures and processes.
- Ensure that Company and statutory reporting, information and applications are prepared and submitted in an accurate and timely manner to ensure compliance with both existing and future UK and EU Legislation.
- Provide and maintain a comprehensive Health, Safety & Environmental advisory and support service to the company, including specialist support and liaison with managers, staff and other relevant parties to formulate appropriate HS&E practices.
- Ensure that environmental inspection and monitoring arrangements are in place and maintained so that data is captured and recorded in an accurate and timely manner, and that critical analysis is undertaken to verify and interpret data in the interests of ensuring the site operates to permissible levels of environmental impact.
- Manage joint Health, Safety & Environmental meetings and relevant campaigns to raise staff awareness of HS&E issues.
- Develop and implement an annual HS&E training plan and on request by departments, assists with identifying the standards of training for employees with regard to HS&E responsibilities, duties and practices.
- Assist with the negotiation of HS&E contract agreements in conjuction with Procurement.
- Manage and distribute the HSE workload, in order to ensure that specific tasks, responsibilities and accountabilities are clearly defined and understoof within the HSE team.
- Responsible for the performance and development of all staff within the HSE department, including effective implementation of the performance evaluation and development planning processes.
- Support the business as necessary with the training and development of staff on HSE-related topics.
- Lead statutory audits as directed by current legislation and site operating requirements, to identify risk areas and reduce potential loss to individuals and the company.
- Maintain and periodically reviews health surveillance arrangements, which are available to all employees, and as identified by departments and by current and future legislation to ensure the health and welfare of employees.
- Ensure that the safety of contractors working on the premises is monitored and communicates advice and instructions as necessary to promote safe working to the relevant company.
- Maintain and control hygiene and pest prevention arrangements from external resources to support individual health, safety and welfare.
- Manage the budget for the cost centre.
- Review and evaluate the effectiveness of communication across the HSE team.
- Reporting - Principal contact in regards to reporting of incident to statutory bodies including HSE/SEPA
Skills & Experience
- Degree qualified within a relevant HSE/Quality/Engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Professional Health & Safety or Environmental qualification (min NEBOSH Dip part 2) and/or corporate membership of IOSH
- Registered Safety Practitioner (RSP)
- Proven experience within a process industry, quality systems (ISO 9000, Six Sigma) and quality systems auditing.
- Leadership, drive and commitment and the ability to gain commitment and support from others.
- Effective planning, organisation and project management skills.
- OHSAS 45001 - Occupational Health & Safety Standard
- AS9100 - Aerospace Quality Standard
- ISO 9001 - General Quality Standard
- ISO 50001 - Energy Management Standard (Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme)
- Environmental Agency Pollution Prevention & Control permit (SEPA PPC)
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/069166
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.