- Posted 28 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- Contact NameEwan Melling
Great opportunity to work for a Major Offshore Wind Operator as their Head of Offshore Wind Farm Design & LCoE.
The Head of Offshore Wind Farm Design & LCoE holds global responsibility for executing and interpreting site surveys and assessments, designing optimal site layouts and coordinating and providing business model inputs (CAPEX, OPEX and AEP) to optimise LCoE of all offshore wind projects.
This role may be based out of London or Aberdeen dependent on the right candidate.
- Develop site surveys, wind resource, metocean and value engineering technology roadmap and strategy, including respective innovation and demonstration projects and technology assessments
- Develop technical specifications to partner with procurement and manage the site surveys in projects
- Develop wind resource and metocean assesstments, desiging the optimal wind farm layout with minimum LCoE.
- Coordinate activites and promote efficiencies to provide business model inputs (CAPEX, OPEX, AEP) to optimise LCoE.
- Be responsible for building, training and leading a capable team to provide site surveys and assessments, deliver design for offshore wind farms globally and be the lead globally for scoping and delivering optimisted LCoE
- Be responsible for developing and implementing the site surveys, wind resource, metocean and value engineering methodology and for identifying, processing and implementing knowledge and lessons learnt.
- Large offshore wind experience in early development phases of projects.
- Deep understanding of site assessments (geotechnical, geophysical, UXO, etc).
- Deep understanding of wind resource and metocean. Demonstrate good understanding of requirements, methodology, techniques and implication.
- Deep understanding of layout and LCoE optimisation, with proven experience in CAPEX preparation for offshore wind projects.
- Strong team management and leadership experience and skills, able to motivate, engage and drive performance of a large team of specialist engineers
- Evidence of being able to strike a balance between innovation, optimisation and rigorousness on the use of criteria, actual data, risks and opportunities.
This is a permanent staff position with a great benefits package available for the right candidate, including generous annual bonus, share scheme and pension + other benefits.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.