Global Translations Manager II
Fully Remote (Team is located in Brea, CA - Core hours will be 7am-5pm PST)
12+ month initial contract
Hourly Rate: $44-47/hr (employee benefits like medical, dental, vision, & 401k are available at a cost)
Orion Group is seeking a Global Translations Manager for our premiere Medical Device manufacturing client. This will be a fully remote position!
As the Global Translations Manager, you will be responsible for managing our website translation process and other translation project requests as it relates to marketing collateral. You will partner closely with our global marketing team, regional teams as well as our translation vendor to ensure timely initiation and delivery of the translated website pages. You will also support the offline translation process to ensure completion of projects and availability of materials.
This is a hands-on role that requires strong CMS experience. The ideal individual should be comfortable with content authoring on a CMS (e.g. Sitecore), translation software (e.g. XTM, Transperfect, Smartling), and have end-to-end project management skills.
Our environment is fast paced, requiring the ability to work autonomously with minimal direction. Excellent problem-solving skills, excellent collaborator with global regions, and attention to detail are vital for success. We are looking for an innovator thinker, self-starter and someone with strong project management skills.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
* Independently lead and runs all website translation projects including the initiation, execution and delivery of all website translation requests in partnership with our translation vendor and global regional partners
* Understand current website configuration and provide expertise on best practices for translation
* Perform content authoring in Sitecore in response to needs of individual translation requests. This can include, but is not limited, to editing imported content and publishing approved pages
* Utilize internal tools to receive requests, provide deliverables, and communicate with regional partners
* Closely maintain master project plan and commit to weekly quotas on volume of content submitted for translation
* Identify sophisticated problems within translation process and collaborate with teams to provide innovative process improvement opportunities
* Ensure translation projects meet requirements on time and within budget
* Communicate effectively with global regional leads and integrated marketing managers to provide overall status of projects
* Partner closely with Translations Vendor to support and ensure on time delivery of projects
* Partner with Subject Matter Experts and Quality organization to ensure quality and accuracy of translations meets requirements
* Provide overall technical support with website translation tool and works closely with the digital operations teams to ensure sustainability
* Deliver monthly status reports and metrics to provide visibility to projects status
* Deliver on other duties as assigned, (e.g. Seismic reporting and analytics)
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS ROLE:
* Bachelor's Degree
* 5++ years of website localization/translation experience, preferably on Sitecore or similar CMS
* 10+ years of project/program management experience
* 5+ years of CMS experience
* Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of a translation tool such asXTM, Smartling, Transperfect, or other CAT software
* Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously
* Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks for self and others
* Strong project/program management skills including maintaining fluid project plans, weekly status reports, following up with partners, and escalations to stakeholders as required
* Comfortable with utilizing a CMS that supports multiple languages and personalization
* Data driven and familiar with project-based KPIs
* Detail-oriented and strong organizational and analytical skills
* High degree of professionalism and high sensitivity for confidentiality
* Strong sense of urgency and demonstrates initiative and follows through
* Comfortable with ambiguity and change
* Comfortable working in a global team in a matrixed organization
* Strong written communication skills
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.