- Posted 04 May 2023
- Salary Neg
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineOil and Gas Recruitment
- Contact NameLaura McHardy
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Geomechanics Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* This Geomechanics Engineer contractor position is part of a global team providing end-to-end Petrophysical & Geomechanics studies and operational supports for various assets.
* The Geomechanics team is responsible for providing relevant works (e.g., Wellbore stability, Compaction/subsidence evaluation, Sand production, Top Seal Integrity) for field development planning, well maturation process, drilling operational supports, as well as activities related to reservoir surveillance and well abandonment.
Experience & Qualifications:
* A proven track record of results delivery in challenging environments is preferred.
* Relevant industry experience in geomechanics-related fields are preferred. - Educational
* Advanced degree in Physics/Geophysics/Petroleum Engineering/Earth Sciences/Mechanical Engineering or equivalent with specialization in Geomechanics or Rock Mechanics preferred.
* Has demonstrated safety-first attitude and is willing to inspire team's HSE focus.
* Experience in operational supports is desirable.
* Has demonstrated pro-active attitude to building effective relationships with stakeholders.
* Demonstrated experience in numerical modeling/simulation with commercially available finite element
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/066278.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.