Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Geomatics Operations Project Surveyor, based in Aberdeen.
* Technical assurance in line with UPPT-18 Manage Geomatics process
* Planning, execution and supervision of offshore survey and positioning projects
* Planning, execution and supervision of offshore seabed survey, geophysical, geotechnical and environmental survey projects
* Contracting and procurement of survey and positioning services
* Management of HSSE in survey and positioning operations. Accountable for delivering Geomatics Operations under his/her control at Goal Zero
* Resourcing and supervision of consultants and survey representatives involved in Geomatics operations.
* Implementation of industry and the company's work processes, standards, tools, and best practices in Geomatics Operations
* Defining and building effective interfaces between Geomatics and other workflows
* Managing allocated budget and delivering all associated fiscal targets and KPI's. Accountable for applying effective project management controls
* Lead After Action Review meetings, and take learnings forward for other Geomatics Operations projects
* Ensuring the geodetic integrity of existing and newly acquired survey information. Accountable for zero geo-integrity incidents with Geomatics Operations
* Ensure seamless data flow from Operations to Geo-Information
* Drive increasingly acceptable HSSE awareness, behaviours and performance through, training, past experiences, appropriate planning, auditing and inspections of contractors' work areas and equipment.
* Lead HEMP, HAZID, and HAZOP, and similar exercises, and ensure learnings are incorporated in future project plans.
* Lead HSSE incident investigation and close outs for projects under his/her control.
* Represent the company to governmental authorities, partners, and contractors as an authority regarding survey issues both technical and regulatory.
* Foster improvements and anticipate necessary changes in Geomatics Operations workflows through knowledge sharing, global collaboration networks, applied learnings and technology deployment to enable project delivery, for multiple geographical and subject matter areas.
* Promote the evergreening of UPPT-18 standards, influence and develop other Geomatic Operation standards for use around the company's, to enable Global Geomatics activities. Co-ordinate Technical Assurance of individual and team products. Liaise with the TA2 to ensure QC actions are closed out and documented. Provide first line QC for discipline specific topics across the teams.
* Working within multi-disciplined and multi region project, marine and engineering teams and ensuring the correct involvement of Geomatics Operations at all stages
* Ensuring that Geomatics technical requirements are adequately built into relevant company's engineering contracts
* Dynamic operating environment and ability to manage uncertainty
* Raising the profile of the HSSE and Sustainable Development awareness for each project.
* Taking personal accountability for the individual contributions towards the implementation of the team and corporate HSSE plans.
* Acceptance of and implementation of new technologies, techniques and practices.
* Sharing knowledge and experiences, adopting ideas of others, keeping abreast of new developments, recognizing technology gaps, knowing what the competition are doing.
* Seek innovations to workflows and ways of working, including use of new technologies in order to reduce costs and HSSE exposure.
* Anticipating changes in external and internal markets and adjusting resources appropriately.
* Working with teams in different locations around the world.
* May have some Global focus on specific projects or subject areas.
* Requirement for occasional working in remote and offshore field locations
Experience & Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree (BSc) or master's degree (MSc) in a directly related Geomatics Engineering, Geodesy, Hydrographic, Land Survey or related geoscience technical discipline from a recognized University
* Work Experience
* Relevant Offshore Geomatics Operations experience, in the Oil and Gas and/or renewables business
* Skilled in contract negotiation and Contractor management, managing contractor performance and quality assurance. HSSE&SP management systems and processes
* Extensive recent operational experience of surveying and positioning methods, topographic surveys, engineering project support and geophysical surveys and with a strong geodetic background. In depth understanding of the breadth of Geomatics activities across all subject matter areas, and their application to the E&P business (including remote sensing, mapping standards, and Geo-Information Management strategy). Sound understanding of the breadth of Geomatics activities across all subject matter areas, and their application to the E&P business.
* Knowledge of developing contract execution and contractor assurance plans. Knowledge of project framing, and information management and security processes.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/064233.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.