Orion Group and our largest US client are in immediate need of Financial Support specialists in North Chicago! We are seeking individuals with at least 2 years experience working with procurement or payment systems, and has good understanding of purchasing and payment processes and procedures. Don't pass on this amazing opportunity to join a market leading pharmaceutical company!!!
Financial Support II
$32 - $35 per hour with medical benefits available
3 month initial contract with possibility of extension based on job fit and business need
The position is 100% on-site during training with possible 3 days onsite/2 days offsite after training based on job performance and productivity measures.
Daily tasks may include:
- Initiate orders in response to customer requests for material goods or services in company purchasing systems, e.g. SRM, Ariba, RMM Jaggaer, or LSI, including WBS associated orders.
- Act as a liaison between the business and suppliers to resolve order issues including damaged materials, incorrectly shipped items, returns, etc.
- Track open or outstanding orders. Follow up with customers, or suppliers as needed to ensure appropriate close out process is executed.
- Investigate and aid in the resolution of invoice issues related to purchase order purchases
- Partner with Purchasing and Corporate Disbursement Office to resolve invoice issues resulting from orders. Examples include discrepancies (e.g. pricing, quantity) between initial requisition, invoices, and purchase order amounts.
- Update systems, e.g. SRM and LSI, appropriately posting receipt of goods and services.
- Close out open orders appropriately and initiate payment to suppliers within expected timeframes, which includes providing invoice payment issue identification and resolution support for Stockrooms and R&D Community.
Qualifications one needs to be successful in this role:
- High School diploma or equivalent with minimum of 4 years relevant experience, or an Associate's Degree with 3 years relevant experience, or a Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 2 year of relevant experience.
- 2 years experience working with procurement or payment systems.
- Has good understanding of purchasing and payment processes and procedures
- Exceptional customer services skills that support effective problem solving and issue identification & resolution in a timely manner.
- Experience creating shopping cart in SAP SRM
- Experience resolving invoice issues in SAP S4Hana
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.