Due to continued expansion, our Client - a leading technology and service partner to the aquaculture industry worldwide - currently have multiple vacancies for Field Service Engineers to based across various locations in the Highlands of Scotland including: Inverness, Fort William, Lochgilphead, Skye and Uist.
Reporting to the Service Manager, the successful post holder will provide a full and comprehensive installation, repair, service and support of all company products from their facility in Inverness and other business locations as directed.
There will also be required to visit customer sites throughout the UK, Ireland & Europe with the possibility of occasional visits to other countries worldwide where the business have a presence.
Filed Service Engineer will also provide remote customer support via telephone and other electronic media as requested. Likewise, if deemed suitable, they will also provide training to customers as well as colleagues in same products.
- Installation, commissioning, service and maintenance of the full product range - camera systems, fish feeding systems, underwater lights, power infrastructure electrical systems, net cleaning systems.
- Develop and maintain excellent customer relationships through good communications and support.
- Ensuring that records are maintained for service work, parts used, field reports, etc.
- On-site training of customers in the correct use of products
- Telephone support, including on call remote support during out of hours for the range of products, to customers
- Technical support to sales team
- In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the post holder may be required to perform other duties resulting from organisational change, restructuring or temporary re-assignment of work.
- There may also be a requirement to work overseas should workload demand.
- Methodical approach to fault finding
- Good verbal and written skills
- PC literate
- Good customer skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Good communication skills
- Excellent team player
- Full driving licence
- Industrial electrical, electronic or mechanical background
- Maintenance and repair of electrical, electronic or mechanical equipment
- Experience of test measuring equipment relevant to background
- Service and repair of equipment in the field (desirable)
- Basic understanding of technical equipment that is outwith main field of experience (desirable)
- A further education (FE) qualification in electrical, electronic or mechanical engineering
- Recognised technical apprenticeship
- HNC/HND or higher in electrical electronic or mechanical engineering (desirable)
Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
Some overtime and weekend work may be required should workload
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.