12-month initial contract
$27-$31/HR based on health benefits
Orion Group is currently looking for an outgoing, multitasking, problem solving, and responsible Executive Assistant to support the head of marketing for the US Patient Services team at our pharmaceutical manufacturing client in Mettawa, IL.
If you believe that you have what it takes to join this fast-paced team and can take on any obstacle that is put in your way, then please KEEP reading!!
To be considered as a candidate for the Executive Administrative Assistant position you must have a stable, and consistent work history with 7yrs of experience working in high level administrative roles supporting leaders.
You must also have an understanding of how important it is to meet deadlines and prioritize the workload since you will be in charge of ALL administrative functions of the department: answering phones, calendar management, scheduling travel, managing correspondence and scheduling couriers, processing expense reports, meeting/event planning, creating or modifying business documents, preparing presentations from source materials, handling WebEx, Teams Meetings and Telepresence setups, acting as a liaison for remote access issues.
To be successful in this position you must have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Concur, SharePoint, Visio or OrgPlus, and understanding of business processes and requirements!
Some other Key Responsibilities of the Executive Assistant include:
- Provides general administrative support.
- May provide back up support to higher-level management as needed.
- Effectively monitors manager and team calendars, proactively solves conflicts.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Follows purchasing and requisition procedures, Corporate Security and Privacy Rules, Corporate Branding Guidelines, and Copy Center procedures (if applicable).
- Interacts with high-level executives and handles confidential or business-sensitive information.
- May include some support for tracking budget expenditures.
- Coordinates and maintains departmental files, as assigned, in compliance with corporate and government regulations.
- Orders business cards and stationery.
- Uses and understands Microsoft Office Suite, and other business-specific software, including the Corporate Travel Web site, and employee performance management systems (as applicable).
- Coordinates new employee office set-ups and onboarding.
- May train/coordinate work for new administrative assistants.
- Operates with general instruction and some supervision
- Safeguard's company's confidential information
- Fully understand assigned tasks and any associated expectations.
- Establishes good working relationships with client areas; builds rapport and trust with others
Executive Assistant Requirements:
- Some college preferred.
- Experience working in pharmaceutical company or CRO strongly preferred.
- 7+ years previous admin experience supporting executives
- Must have Intermediate to advance knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Concur, SharePoint, Visio or OrgPlus, and understanding of business processes and requirements
- "Make it happen" spirit & attitude as well as persistence.
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where needed
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.