- Posted 17 June 2022
- LocationGemeente Den Haag
- Contact NameSharina Tedja
We have a current opportunity for a Environmental Advisor on a contract basis. The position will be based in The Netherlands. For further information about this position please apply.
We are looking for an Environmental Advisor for a HSEQ department, location The Hague / Den Helder
Generic job description
To provide the necessary environmental leadership and drive, ensuring that the operational assets, projects and drilling and wells groups, plus other functional supporting teams including New Energy, receive assistance and advice in all aspects related to effective environmental management.
The role necessitates provision of the necessary steer and support to ensure the highest environmental standards are met; legislation complied with; management systems implemented effectively; performance monitored; and performance improvement programs identified and implemented. The job demands advanced knowledge in a technical/professional discipline which is applied in analysis and resolution of problems and provision of specialist advice to the organisation. Continuously look for ways to improve Environmental performance
Establish best practices, improve existing or develop new procedures/processes and methods of work within own discipline. Identify issues and propose solutions to both internal and external stakeholders
Main duties & responsibilities
- Daily support to Operations, P&E and Drilling and Wells and optimization of environmental performance.
- Develops appropriate proactive objectives and ensures they are incorporated into, and managed to completion within, the NL HSEQ Plan
- Develops, oversees and actively participates in environmental audits, both internal and supporting external audits, including completion of regular offshore audits
- Manages and facilitates regulatory inspections, and ensures corrective actions are adequately closed out so as to prevent reoccurrence
- Ensure implementation and compliance of the Energy and Environmental Management systems on the local assets & operations
- Ensures timely reporting of accurate data, complying with external regulatory and internal reporting requirements and deadlines. Ensure issues managed, with respect to the assets, operations, and technical functions
- Ensure appropriate management of emergency response and security arrangements, including completion of exercises specific to environmental scenarios
- Proactively work to identify and drive implementation of improvements (e.g., emissions reduction plans) and liaise with the HSEQ dept., locally and corporately, to resolve
- Provide environmental and sustainability support to other regions as appropriate
- Ensure appropriate selection and management of contractor companies, taking account of environmental considerations
- Ensure industry Environmental best practices and standards are followed/implemented, in conjunction with the relevant Technical Authorities and Business Process Owners
- Monitor & facilitate management of assets, operations and technical functions' environmental performance, and their environmental plans and objectives
- Ensure all incidents & near misses are reported, investigated, remedial action taken, and lessons learned
- Work to ensure timely close out of all Synergi actions and ensure IMS documentation is maintained up to date
- Ensure that all relevant governance is in full compliance with applicable regulations and GOIMS requirements
- Communicate performance on environmental areas and ensure demonstrable compliance to applicable legislation and permit requirements
Required qualifications and experience
- Possesses a relevant University degree (BSc required, MSc preferred) or relevant work experience which may compensate for limited formal education
- Have related experience in Environmental roles supporting and managing offshore operations and with Energy and Environmental Management Systems
- Comprehensive understanding, good working knowledge of, and experience in implementing and complying with environmental related legislation (on & offshore), corporate, national & international standards, and industry best practices are essential
- Strong HSEQ culture
- Is in full command of the English language
- Is an efficient self-starter with an ability to work alone and as part of a team, prioritize tasks, and deliver against deadlines
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Skills in initiating and managing projects
- Strong analytical and problem-solving (pro-active) ability
- Requires highly developed communication skills to present complicated issues in an understandable way, and to influence others to ensure compliance.
For this role we are looking for local candidates.
For more information please contact Sharina Tedja 06-12 220 369| email@example.com
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.