Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Engineering Draughtsperson, based in the Aberdeenshire area on a full-time, permanent basis. As Draughtsperson you will be required to model parts and assemblies from specifications and/or information supplied to create Fabrication and Machining Drawings, in line with the company's standards and procedures.
- Carry out all duties as required and achieve the tasks set out by your manager.
- Prepare models, and drawings to support various activities across the business.
- Carry out work in accordance with HSEQ procedures, good practice, and professional workmanship.
- Be a positive ambassador for the Company.
- Prepare material take-offs where necessary.
- Transfer "as built" information onto drawings as required and ensure as-built revisions are kept up to date.
- Provide support to other departments as required.
- Develop strong working relations with key stake-holders - clients, colleagues etc.
- Create parts lists and use standard parts when possible to improve efficiency when designing new equipment.
- Ensure all work is filed/stored in accordance with Company procedures.
- Learn and adhere to the HSEQ integrated Management System.
- Immediately report all accidents, incidents or near misses to your Manager.
- Participate in proactive HSEQ systems in place.
- Responsible for their own work and the verification of the quality of their work.
- Assist the company in its efforts towards continual improvement
Skills & Experience
- HND/HNC (or equivalent qualification) in a technical discipline advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Good presentation skills.
- Be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Theoretical knowledge of drafting techniques and relevant standards.
- Be thoroughly conversant with fabrication and drawings standards.
- Be fully conversant with fabrication and installation techniques.
- Practical knowledge of mechanical design or a specialist in hydraulics, electrics, electronics, pneumatic engineering advantageous.
- Capable of working CAD, Inventor, or similar software program.
- Previous experience in drafting is beneficial.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/068034
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.