Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Drilling Fluids Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Provide the company's projects with expertise into key technical areas of expertise (cementing and/or drilling & completion fluids) including concept selection, detailed design, and execution support.
* Work with Wells Engineers for delivery of execution programmes including detail procedures, required modeling, and contingency planning.
* Ensures the well objectives and performance targets for well fluids are met for the lifecycle of the well, in a safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly manner.
* Ensures compliance with relevant internal and external standards, procedures, & legislation.
* Support QA/QC of supplied equipment and fluids for well construction relating to technical area of expertise. This may include site visits, interpretation of test reports, or supervising testing.
* Interface with project teams and vendors to identify, understand, and mitigate key risks and uncertainties related to the project.
* Work with the company's Technology Group and Service Companies to implement new technologies for cost savings, increased efficiency, or unlock value in projects with new feasible solutions. Support includes testing, target identification, and execution.
* Work with C&P on tendering contracts for equipment and services for project and/or regional tenders. Support includes statements of technical requirements, vendor evaluations, and negotiations as required.
* Provide out-of-hours operational support.
* Ensure compliance to the company's product stewardship manual and local offshore chemical regulations, with focus on removing or replacing chemicals with environmental substitution warnings or increased health risks.
* Define and agree suitable laboratory testing with vendors, for the assurance of well fluids operations. (i.e., cement testing, formation damage testing, wellbore strengthening testing, etc.).
Experience & Qualifications:
* The successful candidate will be skilled in the field of well fluid chemistry with technical expertise in applied engineering and field execution.
* Good communication skills, stakeholder engagement, and the ability to work as part of a team with various members of the engineering and operations groups in systems-level design, detailed design, and operational execution is a requirement of the role.
* This role is also expected to support technology deployment projects.
* The individual should maintain knowledge on the latest technical offerings across the industry for fluids.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/069930.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.