About the role:
We are looking for a data engineer to play a key role in the initial design, implementation, and maintenance of a data Lakes/Lakehouse/warehouse and analytics. Capturing high quality, consistent and recoverable data and creating value from injection data generated is a key aspect of current and future Measuring, Monitoring Reporting and Verification (MMRV). The Data Engineer will work closely with other disciplines to optimize the designs of on field data acquisition systems and will be responsible for creation of 44.01 digital data platform. You will be responsible for developing a data science team needed to create value from the generated and captured injection and monitoring data. You will also work closely with other team members on data reporting as required by industry standards to generate carbon credits.
What you'll do:
· Liaising with co-workers elucidate the data digitisation and automation requirements to lay down the foundation of a database and its architecture.
· Design, build, maintain and optimize data management systems.
· Selection of databases, storage systems and cloud architectures / platforms.
· Ensure data flow within the organisation is seamless and that data can be delivered to stakeholders as and when required for analysis
· Conceptualizing and generating infrastructure that allows big data to be accessed and analysed.
· Advise on development of data logging, gathering, acquisition and local storage systems at various points in the injection field.
· Create systems that enable external inputs of data directly into 44.01 digital data platform
· Assemble large, complex data sets.
· Development of the data pipeline architecture that enable data extraction and transformation from multiple sources into a centralised cloud-based storage to enable predictive or prescriptive modelling.
· Integration of future operations and other types of data into the digital data platform
· Development of algorithms (In association with data scientists) to transform data into useful, actionable information.
· Development of centralised monitoring dashboards.
· Engagement and integration of data with mineralisation reporting and verification.
Who you are:
· Strong believer and advocate of sustainability and negative emissions
· Degree in data engineering, big data analytics, computer engineering, or related field. · 5 years of relevant work experience
· Experienced with on field data acquisition systems
· Experienced in design, implementation and maintenance of scalable digital data storage (such as Azure) with particular focus on timeseries data
· Experienced with setup and maintenance of a streaming data infrastructure.
· Experienced with implementing of customised data input/editing front ends
· Experienced in creation of data ingestion, extraction and reporting (dashboards and alerts) using tools such as Azure and PowerBI
· Having good knowledge of data streaming architecture and protocols such as MQTT and AMQP
· Capacity to successfully manage a pipeline of duties with minimal supervision.
· Having good knowledge of network architecture/maintenance
· Having good knowledge of data auditing and security requirements based on international standards
· Having good knowledge of ML/AI tools
What's in it for you...
· An opportunity to make a difference and join a high-potential start-up
· A chance to be at the forefront of the fight against climate change
· A competitive salary and an opportunity to have a stake in the business
· To be part of a team that will invest in your career growth
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.