Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Data Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Deliver Geographical Information Service (GIS) for the affiliate using HQ technical specifications, procedures & standards, rules & processes, in order to meet the spatial data needs of the assets and technical services stakeholders.
* Deliver [GIS] data requests to prepare, capture, search, transfer and QC data are fulfilled for the company or external parties to meet stakeholder needs within the scope and priorities of the service.
* In partnership with key stakeholders, support surface data management activities to ensure the implementation and continuous improvement of data capture and quality methods across the Assets and Technical Services and aligned to the overall surface data management roadmap and data governance framework.
* Apply and respect UK national regulatory requirements (NSTA), ensuring that mandatory reporting is completed within defined timescales to the NDR (National Data Repository) and progress is communicated to key stakeholders.
* Define and monitor KPIs to show status and progress on surface data capture and data quality (including NSTA reporting) and identify issue and opportunities to improve.
* Deliver project activities related to geospatial or surface data, supporting the overall data strategy and a move towards cloud storage and adoption of data platforms such as Quantium, CDP and OSDU.
* Maintain and update documentation on data management workflows and processes and champion the adoption of data visualisation to outline data landscape and ensure knowledge capitalization.
* Identify, engage support for and develop innovative use cases/projects to improve data management, migration or data quality including AI use
o Build PBI dashboards to monitor the performance on data capture and availability
o Work to align current systems towards future digital platform architecture
* Build scripts and queries to ease/improve data management activity (Python, SQL or DAX)Explore and provide trainings on data management tools and techniques (NDR website, Geographical Information Services plugins, transfer data between tools) to enhance user understanding and capabilities, working in partnership with data coordinator network (DCN) and HQ teams to collaborate and support the embedding of data management competencies and process within each surface data domain of the business.
* Follow procedures to ensure that the data management activities are compliant with E&P Referential: company policies, procedures, standards and rules (naming conventions, organisation, workflows and confidentiality) to ensure data capture, flow and quality with adherence to deadlines.
Experience & Qualifications:
* At least a BSc degree in Geographical Information Services or Computer Science disciplines with relevant professional experience and work experience in an oil Exploration & Production environment
* Technical skills in Geographical Information Systems, (ESRI software, inc ArcSDE and ArcGIS Server, FME, AGOL), geodesy and general knowledge of spatial data analysis techniques.
* Experience of working within a Power BI based reporting environment.
* Experience writing robust, reusable code to create production-strength data pipelines
* Knowledge of ETL tools (SafeFME) and scripting in Python, SQL.
* Experience of cloud platforms, features, and capabilities (Microsoft Azure components) specifically Azure Data Factory
* Organised, methodical and able to multi-task whilst working under tight deadlines
* Behavioural skills: self-motivated, autonomy, open-mindedness, adaptability, achievement orientation, team player
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/064210.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.