Cost Engineer (Drilling & Completions)
- Posted 23 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameAlan Patterson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Cost Engineer (Drilling & Completions), based in Aberdeen.
* Actively contribute to cost estimation for all upcoming drilling operations, providing support throughout each project's progression through the company's stage gate process.
* Conduct thorough daily cost tracking for ongoing operations, maintaining cost data in wellview, and delivering weekly status updates to management and joint venture partners.
* Identify uncertainties in scope to determine growth and contingency allowances, as well as identify risks and opportunities as the project develops.
* Perform well reconciliations after well execution and prior to joint venture audits.
* Prepare monthly reports on the value of work done and provide estimates for the remainder of the year/project.
* Contribute to the annual work program and budget process for assigned work scopes.
* Present regular cost performance updates for D&C projects to project and asset management.
* Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure the delivery of comprehensive cost reporting that supports business decision-making.
* Foster a continuous improvement mindset to enhance efficiency, effectiveness of processes, and provide value-added reporting.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Additionally, you may hold a bachelor's level degree and will either hold an accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, or similar) or be qualified by equivalent experience.
* You will have significant relevant industry experience with a comprehensive understanding of the North Sea upstream oil and gas industry, combined with extensive knowledge of drilling operations.
* You will be proficient in accounting, particularly in applying SOAPs (Statement of Approved Practice) to an Operator
* You will have prior experience with SAP systems and be able to will demonstrate your ability to leverage technology for efficient and effective operations.
* You will have exceptional planning abilities to enable you to thrive under time, budget, and resource constraints, effortlessly managing competing work priorities and consistently delivering high-quality work within varying timeframes.
* You will possess strong interpersonal skills, personal drive, and self-motivation, complemented by a commitment to integrity,
* You will be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills and have a proven track record of engaging effectively with individuals at all organizational levels to
* You will have strong analytical skills and natural problem-solving abilities.
* You will demonstrate a strong sense of accountability, coupled with a passion for continuous improvement, and be proficient in utilizing technology to enhance process controls and drive efficiency.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/066592.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.