Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Compliance Tax Accountant, based in Aberdeen or London.
* Preparation of selected Corporation Tax returns and computations for companies including companies subject to the industry specific UK upstream Ring Fence tax regime. Preparation of all necessary data, examination of technical issues, computation of tax liability using oil industry specialist software.
* Filing (using iXBRL as appropriate) Corporation Tax Returns with HMRC, addressing questions from HMRC, ultimately ensuring that liability agreed.
* Preparation of transfer pricing documentation in relation to above Corporation Tax returns.
* Preparation of selected Petroleum Revenue Tax (PRT) returns including complex infrastructure assets, filing returns, and addressing any HMRC questions.
* Preparation of non-resident contractor tax return.
* Researching/legislative checking of selected tax technical matters relevant to tax return responsibilities.
* Preparation of UK statutory accounts disclosures for selected UK group companies.
* Preparation of the annual comp to provision true ups for a selection of the UK companies
* In conjunction with the Tax Lead - Compliance, engaging with Tax Accounting Team on compliance issues or projects that impact tax reporting
* Any other reasonable duty as per instruction by your manager.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Experience in relevant corporate or accountancy firm environment.
* Understanding of complex accounting.
* A professional taxation or accounting qualification with a track record of relevant experience, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT or ATT.
* A high degree of specialist knowledge and competence in UK upstream taxation across Ring Fence Corporation Tax and Petroleum Revenue Tax. (desired but not essential).
* Strong analytical ability.
* Attention to detail and a desire for precision.
* Highly numerate.
* Strong communication skills.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Knowledge of UK Upstream tax software desirable, together with good knowledge of SAP and Excel.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/070264.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.