Chemistry Laboratory Coordinator
- Posted 07 March 2023
- Salary US$28 - US$31 per hour + Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
- LocationNorth Chicago
- Job type Temporary
- DisciplineLife Science
- Contact NameRachael Jalbuena
Associate Scientist II - Process Chemistry Lab
Hourly Pay Rate: $28-31/hr
Location: Lake County, IL - ONSITE M-F, 8am to 4pm
Contract duration: 1 year with possible extension
Orion Group is hiring an Associate Scientist to work within the Process Chemistry group for Research and Development Department at our global pharmaceutical client's laboratory in Lake County.
The Process Chemistry group is responsible for enabling drug development by devising fit for purpose chemical routes and demonstrating cGMP manufacturing to provide high quality drug substances.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, organized scientist to serve as Lab Manager to help department chemists make better use of their lab spaces by making them more organized and to also manage chemical and equipment inventories. They should also have some working knowledge of laboratory equipment, such as HPLC.
* Maintain laboratories in clean, safe, functioning state. Transition the labs to be more efficient using the principles of 5S.
* Maintain department shared instruments including UPLC's and LCMS's in working order through periodic routine maintenance.
* Assist in relocation of equipment during ongoing lab renovations.
* Manage laboratory equipment and chemical inventories including organizing periodic clean-outs.
* Coordinate routine maintenance of isolators and other potent handling equipment and supplies of personal protective equipment for R14 potent lab.
* Develop and maintain inventory system and periodic defrost cycles for department freezers.
* Bachelor's in chemistry or related field with laboratory experience.
* Working knowledge of HPLC is highly desirable.
* Excellent customer-service mentality, strong oral and written communication, high attention to detail, and must have excellent organizational multi-tasking skills.
* Proficient with Windows 10 and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.