Orion Group and our largest US client have an exciting contract opportunity for Biologists in North Chicago! We are seeking a motivated scientist who is interested in a multidisciplinary position working in early discovery and development of technologies to induce protein degradation.
Don't pass on the amazing opportunity to join a market leading pharmaceutical company!
1 year initial contract
$26 per hour with medical benefits included
The focus of this position is to generate experimental data for machine learning efforts in proteomics, lipidomics, and cell toxicity. The contractor will prepare cell imaging assays, learn chemical biology and analytical techniques, and gain a fundamental understanding of proteasome biology.
Key responsibilities may include:
- Cell culture, treatment, and imaging
- Protein and metabolite sample preparation for mass spectrometry analysis
- Apply chemical biology techniques to study new modalities of protein degradation
- Summarize and articulate results to the PS team
- Completed a Bachelor's or Master's in biochemistry, chemistry, or a related field
- Cell culture experience
- Basic statistical analysis skills
- Biochemical techniques including gel electrophoresis, western blotting, & PCR
Preferred Qualifications (Optional)
- Completed biochemistry and cell biology coursework
- 1-2 years of prior research experience at an academic institution or industry
- Experience operating a mass spectrometer
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.