Associate Scientist III
- Posted 28 March 2023
- Salary US$37 - US$40 per hour + Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
- Job type Temporary
- DisciplineLife Science Recruitment
- Contact NameRachael Jalbuena
Associate Scientist III
6+ months initial contract
Hourly Pay Rate: $37-40/hr
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday, 9am-5/6pm EST
Orion Group is seeking an experienced Scientist to work with our global pharmaceutical client in Cambridge, MA.
* Design experiments and testing schemes, analyze data, write protocols and reports and present results to a cross-functional team
* Performs cellular biology laboratory procedures, including PBMC isolation, immune cells isolation, immune cell culture, cellular functional assays, lentivirus packaging and transduction, electroporation.
* Assist in developing/ optimizing cellular based assays for high-throughput target validation.
* Effectively reports and presents results to peers and team members.
* Work collaboratively on projects across multiple pipeline programs.
* Maintain accurate laboratory records and data.
* Demonstrates strong problem solving and analytical skills and be a team player.
What are the top 5 skills/requirements this person is required have?
* Aseptic Technique and cell culture and maintenance.
* PBMC or CD34 cell or immune cell isolation:(Immune/primary cell)
What years of experience, education, and/or certification is required?
* BS with 3+ work experience or MS with 2 + work experience
* Will consider candidates will less than 3 years experience for Associate Scientist II $30-33/hr.
What is a nice to have (but not required) regarding skills, requirements, experience, education, or certification?
* Flow cytometry, cellular assays, molecular technologies: PCR, RT-qPCR, or CRISPR
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.