Our client has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Buyer to join their team on a full-time, permanent basis, based in Inverness.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the Assistant Buyer will source and purchase goods to ensure that Company operational needs are met.
- Support the purchasing function and other relevant departments and communicate any supply problems which may impact on business operations to line manager
- Ensure that stocks of catalogued goods are at an agreed level allowing consistent availability to customer base
- Prepare and raise purchase orders and order schedules
- Adhere to any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing on self, staff and visitors
- Enter purchase orders, making any necessary changes to costings at point of entry, reporting cost changes to line manager, who will advise of any changes to nominal pricing
- Identify any short dated/discontinued lines and agree pricing with line manager prior to notifying sales team
- Effectively communicate full details and characteristics of new products to sales team
- Build, maintain and manage consistent and professional supplier relationships
- Stock taking responsibilities for related goods as required
- Anticipate trends and busy trading periods and buy/report according to company needs
- Carry out all other reasonable instructions from the Procurement Manager
Skills & Attributes
- Excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle stressful situations
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks and achieve tragets
- Proactive team player with a positive attitude
If you have previous buying experience and are looking to take the next step in your career or would like to start a career in Procurement, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference PR/066746
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.