M-F 8am-5pm/40hrs a week
1-2 days remote but must be onsite Monday's.
$27-$30/HR based on benefits
Orion Group is hiring an Onboarding Specialist for our multinational pharmaceutical client in Worcester, MA.
The Onboarding Specialist will be responsible for administrative functions associated with the onboarding and training of new employees into the Integrated Manufacturing and Engineering organization at Bioresearch Center.
This role will be a key part of ensure a best-in-class onboarding experience for new Manufacturing Technicians, Engineers, and other key Production support roles for a leading Biopharma company.
Onboarding Specialist Responsibilities:
- Provides general administrative support
- May provide back up support to higher-level management as needed.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Interacts with high-level site leadership and handles confidential or business-sensitive information.
- Coordinates and maintains departmental files, as assigned, in compliance with corporate and government regulations.
- Work with Talent Acquisition, Business HR, Business Technical Services, QA Training, and site Operations to ensure new employees have a positive onboarding experience.
- Coordinate onboarding documentation in accordance with site policy and procedures.
- Communicate directly with new hires to ensure they understand their schedule and expectations for their first week.
- Greet new hires on day 1 and walk them through their agenda.
- Operates with general instruction and some supervision.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and understanding of business processes and requirements associated with new hire onboarding
Onboarding Specialist Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2+ years previous admin experience or equivalent
- Excel data aggregation
- Database management
- MS Teams channels
- Excellent communication skills
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.