Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Accounts Payable Officer, based in Aberdeen.
* Ownership of the invoicing tool (X flow) and process
* Receive, scan and initiate workflow for all entering invoices
* Code and control invoices and Non-Operated JV Billings and liaise with process users as necessary on PO/Invoice mismatches
* Ensure tax validity and correct classification and booking of VAT according to national requirements and VAT reporting set-up in SAP
* Book invoice within accounting SAP system (X flow)
* Ensure payment of invoices in line with the company's payment process and contract obligations
* Follow-up pending invoice approvals to ensure payment is before due date
* Help AP Team Lead reconcile vendor ledger
* Manage ageing items
* Support Supply Chain in solving differences in GR/IR accounts
* Support the Typewriting team to solve invoice issues in order to process Contractor invoices
* Reconcile transactions and correct any discrepancies
* Provide required information to management accounts to assist with cash flow management
* Deal with all supplier and business queries received via the AP email address in a timely manner
Experience & Qualifications:
* Minimum of 3 Highers for school leaver
* Relevant experience in a similar financial position (preferred)
* Relevant experience in SAP transactional methodology (preferred)
* Good communication skills
* Be highly analytical with good problem-solving skills
* Understanding of general accounting tools (preferred)
* Language: English.
* Comply with the prevailing Company values.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/065338.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.