Our client is looking for a Wind Turbine Generator Engineer to be based in Paris (residential) for a period of 12 months (renewable).
Reporting to the head of Wind department in the Technical Line, the service holder will perform (and where necessary supervise): turbine selection studies, recommend the optimal turbine in close relation with the yield engineer, prepare the technical requirements for both tendering and qualification of turbines and perform bid analysis.
He/she will also provide operational support to the various JV's where necessary.
The wind turbine engineer will be in charge of validating turbine technology choices, which is the key equipment package contributing to competitive offshore wind projects.
* Support project teams regarding WTG contract definition and negotiation (TSIA SMA, )
* Participate in and facilitate WTG supply RFI and tenders, support contract negotiations,
* Establish DEVEX, CAPEX and OPEX assumptions
* Validates suitability of offshore WTG models, in close cooperation with the Yield assessment team
* Provide input to energy yield estimations,
* Support and manage the WTG interface and input to foundation design processes (fixed and floating),
* Manage Technical Due Diligence processes
Development of expertise
* Centralise, develop and keep up to date offshore wind turbine technology and contract know how,
* Develop design standards and provide technical feedbacks to develop the technology.
* Participate to the establishment of relationships with WTG suppliers
* Participate in developing floating wind technology by contributing the WTG suitability and requirements.
* In his/her discipline, contribute to R&D programs and technical roadmaps
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* This role would suit a degree qualified mechanical, electrical or electronics engineer with minimum of 7-10
years working experience, the candidate will be a WTG package or technological expert in offshore wind
turbines, and ideally having experience on both turbine manufacturer and project developer side.
* The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate that they have the following capabilities:
o Excellent skills to technically evaluate potentially complex machinery or equipment
o Knowledge of wind industry contract packages (WTG / EPCI)
o Excellent communication skills including report writing, presentation and the ability to communicate
effectively with clients, contractors and consultants
o The ability to manage own workload and meet demanding timescales on a number of simultaneous
Ability to work as a member of multidisciplinary and international team
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.