Contract Length: 12-months
Location: Kent (fulltime on site. Some travel to supplier sites)
Qualify for Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS): Yes
- The provision of technical support within the Waste Management organisation.
- To provide technical support to projects and relay the clear expectations of waste management.
- Providing technical support to current and future project design and implementation.
- Providing authoritative advice for internal and external stakeholders.
- Carrying out timely investigation of events as required and identify improvements.
- Committing to continuous improvement of waste programmes/strategies.
- To support colleague's learning and development through knowledge sharing, task instruction etc.
- Complying with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments. Supporting the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality.
- To support the effective deployment of company-wide policies processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant.
- HNC/HND (NQF Level 5) or equivalent in a scientific, environmental or engineering discipline
- Knowledge of environmental issues including practices, policies, legislation and stakeholders relating to radioactive waste management (mainly nuclear required)
- Experience in developing waste inventories together with records management
- Dangerous Goods Safety Advisor Certificate
- International Movement of Dangerous Goods Certificate
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.