Contract Length: Until 29/03/25
Location: Romney Marsh (Full-time on site - Monday-Thursday, 9.25 hours per day)
IR35: Inside (PAYE or Umbrella)
Qualify for Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS): Yes
Control and operate basic decommissioning plant and equipment efficiently and safely.
Report and investigate deviations from routine operating conditions deal with basic process deviations, whilst minimising and transferring waste and decommissioned materials.
- Ensure positive identification of hazards via Point of Work Safety Assessment (POWSA).
- Ensure work areas are maintained and any remedial action carried out in a timely manner to the site standards.
- Solve routine operational problems using efficiency improvement techniques.
- Undertake Health Physics monitoring duties, monitoring plant and equipment, as required within his/her own level of demonstrated competence.
- Contribute to effective team working and team building, working closely with the site project teams, supporting the communication and understanding of waste management objectives.
- Daily reporting and quality feedback to team leader to support the progress of work.
- The post holder may be required to carry out additional identified roles as necessary (e.g. operate cranes, drive forklift trucks, perform rigging).
- Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism.
- Support colleague's learning and development through knowledge sharing, task instruction etc.
- As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
- Comply with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments. Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality.
- Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant. This includes, but is not limited to, the need to comply with the company's Equality and Diversity Policy and undertake identified associated learning and development activities.
- The post holder may be required to fulfil a role in the Site Emergency Scheme.
- In addition, a Waste and Decommissioning Technician may have the following responsibilities, dependent upon work area:
- Undertake Waste Management duties within his/her level of demonstrated competence including; packaging, transportation and collection.
- Understand the existing waste management plan, expectations and plant operating requirements for waste management processing and operations.
- Operate waste volume reduction equipment within his/her level of demonstrated competence.
- Decontaminate radioactive plant/ equipment within his/her level of demonstrated confidence using approved techniques.
- Provide support for routine maintenance for waste management related equipment.
- Update signage and control of waste management controlled lay down areas and containers
- Dismantle and remove hazardous structures, materials, cables, equipment, etc.
- Appropriate technical qual - HNC / City & Guilds etc
- Experience of working in an industrial environment
- Experience of working in waste management and/or industrial waste
- Background in nuclear or conventional waste
- Can operate machinery
- Forklift Licence
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.