- Posted 25 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineRenewable Energy Recruitment
- Contact NameKelsee Tedder
- Uses analytic tools and other information to determine the interconnection and grid capacity to deliver wind, solar, and storage projects.
- Summarizes and provides power systems analyses and reports findings with development teams and other groups.
- Checks, reviews, and develops interconnection applications and study agreements with associated drawings and specifications.
- Provides technical support for wind, solar, and energy storage projects to different teams within the organization.
- Provides transmission and interconnection support delivery support for wind, solar, and storage projects across different ISOs and TOs in the US.
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Basic knowledge/experience running power flow analyses in PowerWorld, PSSe, TARA, etc.
- Basic knowledge/experience with economic transmission market planning and studies in UPLAN, PROMOD, PLEXOS, etc.
- Basic knowledge/experience with different RTO/ISO transmission planning and generation interconnection processes
- Intermediate communication skills to ensure clear communication internally with other departmental teams
- Previous experience working as a transmission planning engineer, transmission engineer, or similar positions
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.