- Posted 26 April 2022
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Tendering Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Responsible for managing all commercial aspects of allocated Client tenders and Budget Proposals including all associated subcontracts and supplier proposals in accordance with company procedures, processes and systems.
* Prepare and manage tender plan in conjunction with allocated Tendering Manager / Project Manager / Project Engineering Manager to ensure all defined deliverables are managed within agreed timeframes,
* Ensure all key progress and approval meetings / Gates are held and minuted with appropriate attendees throughout the tender process. including, but not limited to: Tender Kick-Off, Progress review, Risk review, Cost and Contingency review, Qualifications Review, Submit Approval, Clarifications, Sign Approval, and Project Handover.
* Prepare all internal tender process approval documents throughout the tendering phase and ensure approvals are made in a timely manner and in accordance with approved Power Reserve List.
* Prepare detailed and accurate cost estimate of defined technical solution(s) including contingency and risk provisions in conjunction with Tendering Manager / Project Manager / Project Engineering Manager.
* Ensure internal onshore personnel, spoolbase costs, manufacturing, offshore spreads (vessels, equipment and personnel) costs are fully identified, confirmed and included in the cost estimate.
* Agree points of contact with Client on tender submission requirements and clarifications to ensure consistent communications plan is established and maintained and accurate formal communication log is administered by Tender Coordinator.
* Prepare commercial deliverables and liaise with Legal and Contracts for contractual deliverables for inclusion in Client tender submissions: generally commercial qualifications, contractual qualifications, Vessel Notification mechanism, Price schedule, Milestone payment plan and Cancellation schedule.
* Provision of Commercial representation at Client tender clarification meetings as required.
* Define and manage the procurement plan for the tender and ensure subcontractors and suppliers are managed using the relevant company systems and tools throughout the tendering phase.
* Propose procurement strategies to reduce costs and optimise schedules where required.
* Prepare the corresponding ITT package and manage the bid process including: expediting receipt of bids, clarification, commercial & contractual evaluation, risk analysis, recommendation for inclusion in UKBU final tender, ensuring input and review by all appropriate stakeholders and management.
* Ensure all third party costs are fully identified, confirmed and included in the cost estimate.
* Ensure only qualified suppliers are recommended and initiate the supplier qualification process where necessary.
* Select the appropriate form of standard subcontract for inclusion in ITT package where appropriate.
* Participate in all relevant subcontractor and supplier meetings where agenda relates to commercial and contractual matters, including cost and schedule in order to be aware of all project activities which may affect the contractual position and exposure to risks.
* Resolve commercial positions with subcontractors and suppliers where required.
* Foster smooth and effective working relationships with subcontractors and suppliers
* Ensure proper and timely handover of all relevant commercial and contractual documents including summary of the As won position to Operations and execution Project Manager following signature of Contract.
* Establish project details in the Contracts Workspace to define As-Won tender baseline.
* Liaise with legal to ensure all agreed deviations from Group contractual and financial principles are fully signed as soon as practical and not later than prior to signature of Client contract.
* Ensure any changes from submission of proposal to the agreed As-Won position are agreed by management and communicated to the Project Manager and included in the final signed contract and internal handover.
Experience & Qualifications:
* High standard of written and spoken English.
* Ability to work under minimal supervision and direction.
* Experience in a commercial environment performing a similar role which demonstrates exposure to the key commercial concepts in relation to commercial risk management with specific emphasis on tendering activities.
* Experience of estimating techniques for the oil and gas industry and demonstrable knowledge and experience of estimating tools
* Awareness of standard oil & gas contractual terms and conditions.
* Technical and practical understanding of engineering, procurement, construction, and installation methods and techniques as applicable to the oil and gas industry.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/054287.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.