Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Technical Safety Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Act as focal point for technical safety related questions/issues and establish a good and professional relationship between the company and relevant parties.
* Ensure the health of the Safety & Environmental Critical Elements (SECE's) by the continuous assessments and documenting of these barriers as described in the Safety Case.
* Facilitate and / or participate in Risk Assessments.
* Review modification proposals to assess any changes to HSE risks.
* Prepare and execute Process Safety Management audits and review as per the asset audit plan.
* Participate in incident investigations.
* Contribute to the continuous improvement of performance standards.
* Report technical safety related performance to line manager and asset manager.
* Liaise on a day to day basis with the HSE team lead in Aberdeen
Experience & Qualifications:
* A relevant engineering degree qualification would be preferred.
* Experience in operational support to UK offshore installations is essential.
* Understanding and knowledge of UK legislation (including OSCR, PFEER) and main regulatory bodies is essential.
* Experience in auditing would be preferred.
* Willingness to perform activities onshore, offshore or with clients.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/069224.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.