Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Technical Safety Engineer, based in Aberdeenshire.
The Technical Safety Engineer is responsible for technical safety engineering activities in support of the company's objectives as described in the company's Corporate Major Accident Prevention Policy (CMAPP) and HSEQ (Health, Safety, Environment and Quality) policy, based on effective interfacing with offshore and onshore stakeholders. All activities will be performed in accordance with the company's Corporate Management System.
* Act focal point for technical safety related questions/issues and establish a good and profes-sional relationship between the company and relevant parties.
* Ensure the health of the Safety & Environmental Critical Elements (SECE's) by the continuous assessments and documenting of these barriers as described in the Safety Case.
* Facilitate and/ or participate in Risk Assessments.
* Review RM's (modifications) on changes that could influence HSE risks.
* Prepare and execute PSM audits and review as per the asset audit plan.
* Participate in incident investigations.
* Contribute to the continuous improvement of performance standards.
* Report technical safety related performance to line manager and asset manager.
* Liaise on a day-to-day basis with the HSE team lead in Aberdeen.
Experience & Qualifications:
* A relevant engineering degree qualification would be preferred.
* Experience in an operational oriented similar role is essential.
* Understanding and knowledge of UK legislation (including OSCR, PFEER) and main regulatory bodies is essential.
* Experience in auditing would be preferred.
* Willingness to perform activities onshore, offshore or with clients.
LTD Co / PAYE Contract position
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/069246.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.