Our client, a leading international Oil & Gas operator, have a current opportunity for a SURF Lead Engineer on a contract basis to be based in either Paris or London, supporting offshore projects in Angola (frequent visits to site). The successful candidate will be a degree qualified Engineer or equivalent, with 15 to 20 years experience in the Oil & Gas industry ideally on Offshore Projects / Fields. Candidates must have extensive experience in flexible engineering / fabrication, ideally working directly for owner/operator.
FPSO is sited offshore Angola. The water depth in the area is about 1200m to 1500m and the development concept is based upon a subsea production system (SPS) connected with a riser system to the FPSO with facilities for process and accommodation. The project consists of extending the life of existing facilities (FPSO and Subsea) and a subsea development tie-back to the FPSO.
The service holder shall ensure the following missions:
- To promote safety culture within the project and his/her activities. Lead by exemplarity to have the team members and colleagues adhering and contributing.
- To adopt and demonstrate an exemplary behaviour regarding H3SE and to implement H3SE rules and requirements within his area of responsibility.
- To ensure that safe working practices are used within the team along all phases of project
- To ensure that state of the art, company referential and local rules/laws are complied with and captured in all contractual requirements.
- To promote good enough approach and innovation for all activities. To seek optimization and savings all along the different phases of the project. To focus on costs without impairing QHSE objectives.
- Within the SUBSEA team and under SUBSEA Package Manager's responsibility, for all the activities related to the engineering, supply, procurement, manufacture, and fabrication of Flowlines, and represents the Company technical authority for this discipline (Flowlines). The job holder organises, supervises, controls, and coordinates the technical works relative to the discipline as well as technical works and studies performed by the various Subsea Umbilical Riser & Flowlines contractors whom he is the contact point.
- To supervise and control the detailed engineering of Flowlines by timely reviewing / validating the documentation issued by Contractor(s) (technical documentation / queries / derogation requests...), in compliance with General Specifications, Project Contractual technical requirements, and international norms and standards, with the objective to ensure respect of schedule, costs, quality and safety.
- Raise consequently necessary comments and highlight unsafe design, deviations, unacceptable / unjustified design choices, constructability issues...
- Ensures daily liaison with Contractor(s) with regards to Subsea, Umbilical, Riser & Flowlines technical matters.
- Ensures follow-up / review / validation of progress performed by Contractor(s) wrt his discipline and analyses/reports drifts that could occur and propose remedial solution.
- To interface actively with other discipline engineers (Risers Lead / Flowlines Lead / Installation Lead) and other package engineers as necessary on all engineering, procurement, constructability, commissioning, operability, and maintainability matters, to ensure consistency of the work.
- He/she shall ensure that all Flowlines deliverables are timely issued and fitted for purpose.
- He/she shall also ensure that all engineering interfaces related to Flowlines are dully dealt with and managed with other concerned packages (i.e., Drilling, SPS and FPSO).
- He/she is also responsible for validating the equipment qualification status (procedure / programme / report) and shall remain, during the construction / installation / commissioning phases and with regards to Flowlines, the correspondent for any engineering occurring problem, for any advice to be given or technical deviation request to be analysed and answered.
- To issue and maintain all the necessary technical documentation related to the disciplines
- To identify, implement and manage all necessary engineering studies related to SURF
- To review, during bid stage review and clarified bidder proposal
- To participate to project reviews as requested by Company requirements (HAZOP, HAZID, PR...) and prepare or participate in Safety / Technical Audits for his/her disciplines
- To define the qualification and test programmes (test protocols, implementation of results), and to analyse results, deciding on any changes or complement in the program
- To follow the supply and procurement done by the contractor; to participate of the definition of the QA/QC programme in coordination with the SUBSEA manager and QA/QC Leader; to participate to inspection as necessary at the various locations.
- To assist Company Representatives at fabrication sites and participate to the resolution of any related-discipline problem occurring during the Execution Phase, to advice on technical deviation requests and to keep updated the documentation related to his discipline. To participate to the resolution of any discipline-related problem occurring during the Execution Phase, to review and give recommendation on technical deviation requests and to keep updated the documentation related to the disciplines.
- To ensure adequate and timely reporting to the Subsea Umbilical Riser & Flowlines (SURF) Package Manager (progress, concerns), and, as a general manner, anticipates problems, optimizes, improves, offers solutions with regards to his discipline.
- To participate in the installation, tests, commissioning, and handover, assisting the Installation Team during all the Offshore phases of the works
- To ensure confidentiality of all the disciplines-related documentation produced (whatever its support)
- To gather, as requested, 'lessons learnt' and provide feedback to the Engineering and Procurement Leader and other entities as required
- The service holder will ensure, during detailed engineering, procurement, and construction phases, that all deliverables and documents (both internal and external) related to the disciplines and subjects he/she oversees are timely issued and fitted for purpose. He/she shall ensure compliance of Contractors deliverables and documents with Company H3SE requirements and specifications, with applicable codes and standards and best engineering practices, and with Project specifications for these disciplines. He/she will review deviations to Company specifications or deviations requests/technical queries.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.