- Posted 04 October 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplineEnergy Recruitment
- Contact NameLachlan Nicholson
Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Subsurface Team Leader, based in Aberdeen.
* Ensures that all activities are carried out in a safe manner complying with all regulatory requirements, legislation, and company's HSEQ procedures.
* Acts in compliance with Company policies and values at all times.
* Responsible for subsurface technical work and studies.
* Key role in delivery of 4 development wells, leading a multidiscipline well team during well planning and execution phase.
* Developing and preparing proposals for studies, wells, developments, resource maturation and risking assessments
* As part of multidiscipline team, provide input to solve operational and development related challenges, identify and mitigate subsurface risks during life of project.
* Participating in definition, design and execution of data acquisition programs, and, if required, bringing office or onsite support for any relevant operations (e.g. geosteering wells, preliminary quick-look analysis, post well clean up analysis).
* Providing QA/QC of all subsurface work.
* Support the TCM rep on subsurface matters and provide input on JV business as required
* Responsible for preparation and delivery of well planning documents, and communication of well plans internally and to JV
* Responsible for maintaining up to date reservoir performance models
* Assisting with external studies, QC and apply study findings.
* Acting as a technical leader on projects, coordinating cross-discipline activities.
* Responsible for Joint Ventures subsurface coordination
* Own subsurface work programme and provide input to projects budget
* Lead reserves updates and submissions as well as business plans as part of corporate (subsurface) process
* Prepare for start-up and hand over to BP
* Responsible for 4 direct reports in the team (3 operation geologists and 1 petrophysicist)
* Prepare and maintain workplans and resource plan for the team to complement asset with subsurface resource
* Support other operated and non-operated asset for petrophysics and operations geology
* Responsible for influencing and advising on procedures and workflow standardization, QC of deliverables, inspiring and motivating colleagues
* Participating in peer reviews on request
* Providing expertise on specific topics (e.g., geomodelling, sedimentology, reservoir engineering, structural geology, etc.)
* Ensuring that all relevant information is stored appropriately, identifying and proposing improvements to the geological, reservoir modelling and asset team databases
* Contributing to technical proposals, reports and presentations to NSTA (stewardship), partners (workshops/TCMs) or internal processes (peer review), asset managers, license managers and technical authorities as requested
Experience & Qualifications:
* PhD / Master degree or equivalent in geology/petroleum engineering / geophysics with relevant experience.
* Advanced knowledge of drilling practices and well logging operations.
* Strong geological and/ or reservoir engineer development background is beneficial.
* Extensive experience in operated ventures
* Team player, with ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment and to integrate with other disciplines
* Ability to present results and issues, and to influence on decisions.
* Fluent in English (oral and written)
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/062661.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.