44.01 eliminates CO2 by turning it into rock. Our pioneering technology accelerates the natural process of CO2 mineralisation, meaning we can remove captured CO2 permanently in under nine months. Our process is safe, scalable and lasts forever.
Our mission is to offer affordable CO2 mineralisation internationally to help protect our climate and ultimately reverse global warming. We are a purpose-driven, innovative business, with an ambition to eliminate one billion tonnes of CO2 by 2040.
So far, we have run two successful pilots that prove our technology successfully mineralises CO2 without causing damage to the environment. Over the next 18 months, we plan to deploy our first commercial mineralisation sinks and expand our operations internationally.
Doing the Right Thing
Legally, morally, and ethically we make wise decisions based on these founding principles
Restore our earth
We are purposeful in our mission to help reduce carbon emissions; we are driven by a passion to restore the balance that has been lost and to bring back a sense of equilibrium
Challenge the Status Quo
To solve the crisis of our generation, we need bold ideas and cutting-edge technology
About the role:
You will work closely with the subsurface team in planning and execution of CO2 injection and observation well constructure operations. You will also be required to supervise the field operations and manage coordination with service providers.
What you'll do:
- Plan, design and execute drilling and completion of CO2 injection wells
- Take responsibility of well delivery and assist the interlinked engineering projects on site
- Supervise drilling operations in the field and coordinate with service providers and 3rd parties
- Assist is writing and managing operational contracts towards quality delivery
- Develop and maintain an intimate knowledge of relevant well construction technologies
- Prepare operational programs, including milestones and decision points
- Assess and select high-quality specialists to ensure programs are implemented as designed
- Active participation in short and long term planning of multiple projects in parallel
Who you are:
- Strong believer and advocate of sustainability and negative emissions
- Drilling/Petroleum engineer or equivalent with minimum of 7 years experience in well construction, preferably in Oman
- Highly motivated individual with a track record of delivering projects
- Eager to learn and expand your existing expertise in new applications
- Reliable knowledge of relevant standards, guidelines and best practices
- Prior field work experience is a must
- IWCF certificate is preferred and additional drilling certificates are bonus
What's in it for you…
- An opportunity to make a difference and join a high-potential start-up
- A chance to be at the forefront of the fight against climate change
- A competitive salary and an opportunity to have a stake in the business
- To be part of a team that will invest in your career growth
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.