Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Subsea Lead Engineer, based in Aberdeen.
* Manage the entire lifecycle of subsea pipeline/umbilical/controls and manifold projects from concept through design, installation, and operation.
* Manage interfaces from subsea pipeline/umbilical/controls and manifolds with both FPSO and Platform installations.
* Develop and implement project plans, schedules, and budgets.
* Ensure compliance with industry standards, regulations, and safety protocols.
* Collaborate with engineering teams to design subsea pipeline/umbilical/controls and manifold systems.
* Review and approve engineering drawings and specifications.
* Provide technical guidance and support to the project team.
* Serve as a subject matter expert on subsea engineering technologies, staying abreast of industry advancements and integrating innovative solutions into project designs.
* Oversee the installation and commissioning of subsea pipelines/umbilicals/controls and manifolds.
* Coordinate with offshore teams to ensure safe and efficient project execution.
* Monitor and troubleshoot any issues during installation.
* Identify and assess potential risks associated with subsea projects.
* Develop and implement risk mitigation strategies.
* Ensure that safety and environmental standards are adhered to.
* Implement QA/QC processes to ensure the quality and integrity of subsea systems.
* Conduct inspections and audits to verify compliance with specifications.
* Work closely with cross-functional teams, including geoscientists, reservoir engineers, and offshore personnel.
* Liaise with regulatory authorities and other stakeholders as needed.
* Maintain comprehensive project documentation.
* Generate regular progress reports for management and stakeholders.
* Manage project budgets, including cost estimation and control.
* Identify cost-saving opportunities without compromising safety and quality.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in engineering (e.g., Mechanical, Civil, Petroleum) or a related field.
* Significant experience in subsea engineering and project management.
* Prior experience with subsea pipeline/umbilical and manifold projects.
* In-depth knowledge of subsea engineering principles.
* Familiarity with industry codes and standards.
* Proficiency in relevant software tools for design and project management.
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Ability to communicate effectively with diverse teams and stakeholders.
* Analytical and problem-solving skills to address technical challenges.
* Ability to make informed decisions in high-pressure situations.
* Knowledge of relevant industry regulations and compliance requirements.
* Strong leadership and team management skills.
* Commitment to safety standards and protocols.
* Willingness to travel to project sites as needed.
* Membership of relevant professional institution.
* Offshore certifications (BOSIET, HUET, MIST etc.) required.
* Willingness to be part of the Emergency Response Management Team
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then, please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: TR/069532.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.