We have a current opportunity for a Subsea CAD Designer on a contract basis (Outside IR35). The position will be based in London. For further information about this position please apply.
- Prepare 3D models and design/fabrication drawings for steel structures and piping (including piping isometrics) using Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD software for Tender, FEED and EPCI detailed design.
- Interface with other disciplines to obtain input for designs and drawings and to develop clash free designs.
- Assist in the identification of technical problems and contribute with possible solutions.
- Conduct self-check on drawing/sketches and undertake checking of others work in a project or department environment within own experience and competence level.
- Prepare drawings and sketches consistent with good engineering practice and in compliance with company drawing office procedures.
- Assist Fabrication as required in the resolution of construction difficulties relating to design problems, clashes, etc
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Technical education related to mechanical or structural engineering.
- Relevant previous design and drafting experience in producing subsea structural fabrication within the Marine and/or Oil and Gas industry, including work at Lead/Senior level.
- Ability to prioritize own workload and manage time accordingly to meet time/budget constraints.
- Produces work of presentable quality.
- Well versed in industry codes, standards, and design guidelines.
- Advanced experience in the use of Autodesk Inventor.
- Proficient in the use of Autodesk AutoCAD.
- Good working knowledge of other non-technical software e.g. MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Sound communication skills in English, both verbally and written.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.