We have a current opportunity for a Subsea CAD Designer on a contract basis. The position will be based in Surrey on a hybrid basis with some work from home. For further information about this position please apply.
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
· Technical education related to mechanical or structural engineering.
· Relevant previous design and drafting experience in producing subsea structural fabrication within the Marine and/or Oil and Gas industry, including work at Lead/Senior level.
· Ability to prioritize own workload and manage time accordingly to meet time/budget constraints.
· Produces work of presentable quality.
· Well versed in industry codes, standards, and design guidelines.
· Advanced experience in the use of Autodesk Inventor.
· Proficient in the use of Autodesk AutoCAD.
· Good working knowledge of other non-technical software e.g. MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
· Sound communication skills in English, both verbally and written.
Desirable Experience, Skills and Knowledge
· Experience in leading a team of designers, checking work, following budgeted hours and deliverable dates etc.
· Prepare offshore installation method sketches, deck layouts, installation aids and rigging drawings using Autodesk AutoCAD software.
· Prepare field layout, approach drawings and alignment sheets using Autodesk AutoCAD or Autodesk Civil 3D software.
· Experience in Autodesk Inventor iLogic
· Experience with Autodesk Vault for data (drawings/models) management.
· Experience using Siemens Teamcentre product lifecycle management (PLM) system. #LI-AB1
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.