We have a current opportunity for a Structural Engineer on a permanent basis. The position will be based in East Kilbride. For further information about this position please apply.
About the Role:
- Ensure all structural engineering is consistent with drawing office output, including checking/approving of structural drawings.
- Carry out own, and advise others with, design work primarily for steel structures and including a combination of calculations and software-based analysis for both local and global design.
- Develop structural design reports/ calculations and respond to comments in order to gain approval by client / certifying authority.
- Review structural specifications and implement requirements to structural design at tender and project stage and advise on impact to relevant tender/project.
- Actively contribute to design reviews from a technical standpoint.
- Develop material take-off reports for structural materials and control changes to structural material quantities and weights throughout tender and project stage.
- Participate in work-hour budget development for Projects and Tenders.
- Contribute to the development of any Structural Engineering Graduate/Trainee members of the team.
- Assist site construction team and fabricator by advising on structural issues and responding to queries throughout the construction stage.
- Support tendering department by advising on general design issues, carrying out tender-stage design work and advising on projected material quantities.
- Adhere to company and departmental Quality Control procedures ensuring checking is carried out across the department for all work including calculations, drawings and reports.
Skills and Competencies:
- Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (essential).
- 6 years of work experience as a Structural Engineer (essential), preferably in the offshore sector.
- Professionally registered with the Institution of Structural Engineers or Institution of Civil Engineers.
- Advanced knowledge of construction methods, materials, and legal regulations.
- Sound understanding of physics and mathematics.
- Ability to liaise with professionals from other disciplines.
- Three-dimensional conceptual skills.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.