- Posted 10 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineOil and Gas Recruitment
- Contact NameKafui Toviekou
Our client is looking for a Static Equipment Engineer to be based either in Milan or London.
* Ensure timely delivery, review, and approval of studies and documents under his responsibility to enable the procurement, fabrication, and Construction / Installation the packages / Equipment to progress and to site commissioning and start up.
* Work in the Static Equipment Engineering team in the overall Engineering organization.
* Work in the Static Equipment team during field activities
* Assure the Static and Thermal Equipment discipline issuance, review, and approval of around 8,000 technical documents.
* Ensure all Project HSE requirements are adhered to and implemented. Ensure HSE is emphasized throughout all Mechanical design activities. Play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed.
* Perform the review of Static Equipment detailed engineering works (deliverables both from the Contractor and the Vendors) in compliance with Project Scope of Work, Specifications and Procedures, discipline requirements and international codes.
* Identify any deviation from the Project Basis of Requirements and reporting these to the Mechanical Engineering Manager.
* Offer technical support to the replies to Contractor and Vendors clarifications and derogations requests.
* Participate, in coordination with others, to the Inspection and Tests Plans (ITP) and FAT preparation and execution. Attend meetings / FATs with Vendors where necessary.
* Assist with the review of the other discipline deliverables and participate to HAZOPs. * Report to the Mechanical Engineering Manager any area of concern concerning quality or discipline progress.
* Ensure the quality and completeness of Static Equipment Final Documentation (deliverables both from the Contractor and the Vendors):
o In compliance with Project Scope of Work, Specifications and Procedures. o Allowing an adequate hand-over to the Operation of the Subsidiary
* At Site, ensure that static equipment are commissioned and started up as per detailed engineering documentation and accordingly to Vendor recommendations. To provide support and search for Vendor assistance if needed.
* Support and enforce the HSEQ Project objectives and directives in compliance with the Project HSEQ management system.
* During site activities, avoid Contractor stand-by / delay by answering quickly to site queries and unexpected technical site problems, oversee rectification of punch list items, and completion of on-site tests, and oversee erection of all discipline-related equipment.
* Degree in appropriate Engineering discipline.
* Registration as a Charted Engineer, PE or equivalent preferred
* Proficient in English language.
* Eight (8) or more years' experience in Oil and Gas and large projects.
* Expertise on the design of Static and Thermal Equipment, including Main Cryogenic Heat Exchanger, other heat exchangers, Flare Systems, Slug Catcher, etc.
* Supervisory experience related to plant and project engineering with increasing size and responsibility.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.